Tank Selector switch Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good morning,

I removed my old switch and the ac duct to replace my tank selector switch. When reinstalling i am having a hard time with this. Do you assemble the switch and harness then shove it from the front of the dash into the mounting hole as one piece? Or do you try to put the face of the switch on the outside and connect it together from inside? I tried pushing the whole unit in and it seems like the tangs are in enough and wont let the switch operate. Help please

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@TruckCo I've worked on the tank switches plenty on these trucks, and I think it's shoved in from the front after assembly, but I also know they used at least two different switches, and if your truck is fuel injected then that makes 3 different switches because the TBI switches are unique to the TBI trucks. So before I tell ya to shove it in from the front would you please take a picture of the back of the switch and the wiring and any other related pieces. Then I think either myself or another member would be better able to advise you. Unless of course someone knows for sure off hand. Thanks.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@TruckCo I've worked on the tank switches plenty on these trucks, and I think it's shoved in from the front after assembly, but I also know they used at least two different switches, and if your truck is fuel injected then that makes 3 different switches because the TBI switches are unique to the TBI trucks. So before I tell ya to shove it in from the front would you please take a picture of the back of the switch and the wiring and any other related pieces. Then I think either myself or another member would be better able to advise you. Unless of course someone knows for sure off hand. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply! Yes i heard rumor of the 87’s having a special switch so i ordered it through AC delco direct vin. Ill grab a photo later. Its a standard switch either RH or LH its not a press and hold. The back is 4 prongs all even in a square patter on the top portion of the back of the switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad