Seat Belt Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I replaced my seat belts with the ones from LMC. Although I was under "1978 Suburban" I think they fit a pickup a lot better. I wish the female ends were factory length, they are 1-2" longer. And the retractor locks up unless you pull them super slow.

I kept my factory belts. Maybe someday I'll have them rewebbed.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I tried lmc belts first, and I think the issue was that they were same for both sides and not flipped for better mounting on opposite side of the vehicle. Or maybe by second time I had the mounting figured out better.

Phil 83K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@yevgenievich,

You say you "destroyed" your original seat belts. What the heck did you do to destroy them? Just curious.
I needed them removed to do the body work and the bolts holding them in were giving me a hard time...
I sort of melted some of the passenger side away while trying to convince the bolt to come loose with a torch. So then I figured I might as well just replace them both.

The bolts probably wouldn't have come out without my having cut the seat belt bracket with an angle grinder.

bad_idea

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I've had seat belt bolts that refused to come out. I welded a 1/2-13 bolt to the top of the stuck/striped bolt. The heat from welding the bolt on was enough to convince it to come loose.

I too am in need of new belts. Haven't attempted to remove these yet. The rear belts do not operate correctly and the webbing is frayed. Plan to haul the wife and kids in the burb, so it needs to be (relatively) safe. Thanks for the recommendation on a quality vendor. Will check them out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota