Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yeap the 85 TPI is one year only.
Would be worthwhile to inventory those parts. Umm the. .... man I can't remember... Piece on front of the lower intake left of the tstat housing... Pokes out a ways.... that's a good part if yours works and umm that's something about the cold weather start system? That 85 C3 computer and harness are worth the price of admission by themselves? The Tuned port parts man...that got a mass air flow computer separately mounted ?
Put your hands on them TPI parts dude, I own an '85 system but why?...

OH YEAH!

Dude.

That TPI base is flipping PERIMETER BOLT HOLES. That's why I got it sheesh
. Wanna put it on the 400...
The 86 manifolds were slanted...making the eighty five only TPI setup really versatile. That's what you wanna swap IN...the '85 - mmhmm.

The MAF computer is gold. 2 computer boxes in that TPI system.
Mebbe I need parts huh?

You got em?
:driver:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The biggest difference in the '85 TPI was the older ECM and wiring. The cold start injector was used through '88. The perimeter style manifold was also used on '86 F-bodies, as well as Corvettes with aluminum heads, however, the Corvette manifold had differences in the EGR passage (I don't recall the difference though).

At any rate, make sure no TPI parts go to waste!

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
So I go and save this truck for 150 bucks from going to the crusher. Some decent parts on there. I'm in the middle of moving and the wrecking yatd said I could pic it up in a week. Then today he goes and post a suburban with all the brown interior in good shape for 200 bucks. I literally have no time what so ever to strip and part out 2 trucks. And the wife will murder me if i go and buy another one. Son of a gun. Sent him a message and asked if I could just buy some interior parts off him if there in good shape. Sorry pics are backwards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-212425_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-212425_Kijiji.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220522-212431_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-212431_Kijiji.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220522-212637_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-212637_Gallery.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 64

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Picked up a 4 bolt main 350. I believe it decoded as a 72 k10/20. It's bored 40 over and has new pistons? And crank bearings, but the rod bearings look like they've been ran and the cylinders seem to have some crosshatching but it's very clean inside. But the pistons are really dirty so I'm not sure what the story is. The grime seems like dirt and lube buildup, a couple cylinders have some surface rust. Think ill clean it up and I'll find a crank and new bearings and some heads and run it lol

Also from the same guy a pretty good 80's hood, I think the paint will clean up good, some small dents, nothing to worry about at all.

They costed me $140 and a case of Busch light.
You must be registered for see images attach

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
@PrairieDrifter looks like you're a hoarder Mason.....lol...How many blocks you got??....and that one looks pretty good!!!
Just those two blocks and one more complete 283. Then I have my trans and transfer case corner lol.

I kind of aspire to be one of those old guys with a bunch of parts. When the kids come around looking for truck parts I'll be happy to give some away and sell some.

Those people have made some of the biggest impact in my life. When I got my 70 the guy just told me to go in the old shop and pick out a tailgate. I thought that was the coolest thing for some reason. They only made em once! Then copied em a few times lol

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Is it just me or am I lookin at the top ring of #2?
That's it, right?
Pretty neat.
:waytogo:
Yes sir, the piston popped out lol. No crank. I just need to pop back in the cylinder.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Traded these for some work swapping 2 tires today. Got some awesome emblems some marker lights, a washer fluid jug, and some trim.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size

Went for a part for the wifes truck and ended up buying a milk crate full of headlights for 20 bucks. So the bottom rusty 4 are the headlight buckets from my suburban strip down. Not rusty ones were in the crate. Just saved myself hours of work.

Also the round headlight will nicely replace to smashed one on my 70 c30 dump truck. So double score.

And got the part for the wifes truck. So excited about the headlights. Lol

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Heres all the goodies I got off those fenders.
Good deal for free and a bit of tire changing.
One of the fenders I'm gonna toss, but the other I might just keep. It's not too bad. Might throw it on the blazer just for fun

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Just those two blocks and one more complete 283. Then I have my trans and transfer case corner lol.

I kind of aspire to be one of those old guys with a bunch of parts. When the kids come around looking for truck parts I'll be happy to give some away and sell some.

Those people have made some of the biggest impact in my life. When I got my 70 the guy just told me to go in the old shop and pick out a tailgate. I thought that was the coolest thing for some reason. They only made em once! Then copied em a few times lol
I am one of those guys.
It is a good feeling to be able to help my sons buddies out when they need it.

I have 7 Chevy engines, 4 Chevy transmissions, 3 rear ends, and a few driveshafts in my collection currently for the vehicles. Plus a bunch of VW parts and a stack of different mufflers.

One day a buddy of Max's came by in his Honda and it was far to quiet.
I went into the back yard and pulled out a performance muffler made for his car.
It cost me $12 at the Pick N Pull.
I bought it just to have it as I knew if I wanted to sell it, I could make some money on it.

I gave it to him and told him to bring it by when he gets installed.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I am one of those guys.
It is a good feeling to be able to help my sons buddies out when they need it.

I have 7 Chevy engines, 4 Chevy transmissions, 3 rear ends, and a few driveshafts in my collection currently for the vehicles. Plus a bunch of VW parts and a stack of different mufflers.

One day a buddy of Max's came by in his Honda and it was far to quiet.
I went into the back yard and pulled out a performance muffler made for his car.
It cost me $12 at the Pick N Pull.
I bought it just to have it as I knew if I wanted to sell it, I could make some money on it.

I gave it to him and told him to bring it by when he gets installed.
Hell yeah! The older we get the less we realize how much effect we can have on younger people. I'll remember that man the rest of my life as will that kid you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave