Rough country ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnboy30705

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10
Engine Size
How does rough country lifts ride on these big SAS trucks? I'm looking for a good 6 inch kit that will probably be driven 75% of the time on road. I know it won't ride like a Cadillac by any means. I'm just looking for a decent overall package. Any opinions or advice is appreciated

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
go another route then because rough country is just that ROUGH!!!!!!!!

they have the highest or stiffest spring rate.

look into the soffride or e-zride.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If you've ever rode on a buckboard wagon you'll know how it rides.

Johnboy30705

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10
Engine Size
Do you guys recommend any particular brand for me to go with?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I have Superlift front 6" springs and they ride pretty good, Skyjacker may be better. If you have a 1/2 ton look into getting 56" (3/4 ton) rear springs, they are 4" longer than 1/2 ton springs. You have to relocate your rear shackle hangers (or do shackle flip) but they ride really good. Anyone with a pickup like these know the rear can be kinda hoppy when not hauling some weight. Also shocks make a big difference in the final scheme of things. I've always ran hydros and eventually the first 2 or 3 inches of travel goes bad but for $50 per shock it was the best way to go for me, but I've heard niro charged shocks ride really good.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I run skyjacker softride's on most of my stuff with rancho 9000 shocks and I love the ride.I have had other truck's with rough country and was not happy.Like crazyoffroad said the 56" rear leaf's help and I dont like cheap shock's but that's just me. Make sure you get all the right steering stuff , you want to keep your drag link as flat as possible. Also keep the front diff as flat as possible , (some leafs come with a 2 or 4 degree shim on the leaf) , I somtime's get rid of those if not needed. The less you roll the pinion up the better it wll drive on the highway with your new big rubber. Good luck and have fun.

:patriot::patriot::patriot: :grd:

Johnboy30705

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10
Engine Size
Thanks alot for the feedback guys it was very helpful. I'll definitely keep the drag link flat as possible. Now if I can just get out of college and get this project on a roll! Thanks again for the help guys. When you relocate the rear spring hangers do you just move the axle forward on the spring to keep it centered in the wheel well or should be axle be mounted on the spring in the stock location? Or is the easiest way to avoid relocation the mounts just to use a shackle flip?

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
All you have to do with the 56" spring's is move the rear hanger and everything is good to go and centered , (longer springs ride better) . As far as the shackle flip , I myself have never done that so I am not sure about the ride , but the install look's like a piece of cake . You could run the shackle flip with the 56" spring as well if you wanted to.

:grd:

Johnboy30705

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10
Engine Size
Thanks for the help man. I'll probably goes this route to keep the ride smooth.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I said in my post e-z ride which is tuff country or soffride, plain and simple, buy their kit bolt it on no worries no extra work to make longer springs work.

or go with longer springs and be done.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
If your looking at doing the 56" spring swap......I got a set of 56" springs from a K30, ORD 4" shackle flip, 5.5" DIY4X shackles, a DIY4X ez-inch and that netted me 6-7 inches of lift in the rear.

I really like the 56" spring for daily driving and offroad use. Best of both worlds, IMO.

timbo350

Reaction score
First Name
timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I run the cheap hydros on mine but I just put in polyurethane bushings im my shocks and that helped a lot these trucks ride like crap anyways so just hold on for the ride

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris