Right tank install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogo14910

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350 SBC
87 R10- I have purchased all components to install the passenger side tank to the frame. I put the tank in the brackets and it didnt line up. I tried adjustments with no help. I know it’s close but do any of you have a way to install the brackets exactly on the tank where it will easily lift and bolt onto frame? This is getting real frustrating because I have to work from under the truck with no help. Any hints on where, exactly, to put the brackets on the tank? I should be done by now!

kychevy

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
This is where my passenger side straps are located on the tank

Attachments

• IMG_4435.png
    IMG_4435.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4436.png
    IMG_4436.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 42

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I recall it being pretty self explanatory as the strap locations have indents in the tank. And iirc you can tighten the strap bolts after the brackets are mounted up.

Not sure if it’s an option but pulling the bed makes gas tank work sooo much easier. Which I’d think necessary anyway if you had a single tank truck/bed to begin with?

kychevy

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I recall it being pretty self explanatory as the strap locations have indents in the tank. And iirc you can tighten the strap bolts after the brackets are mounted up.

Not sure if it’s an option but pulling the bed makes gas tank work sooo much easier. Which I’d think necessary anyway if you had a single tank truck/bed to begin with?
Correct.
You must be registered for see images attach

gogo14910

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350 SBC
Got it thanks. I had the straps in the indents but even just a half inch off on both didnt allow the brackets to line up to holes. I had to tighten the straps after the brackets were bolted in. Using a tape measure helped the most. I just needed to know ”exactly“ how far apart they needed to be. Thanks for the info, pics ALWAYS help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko