Reverse light switch and wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Years ago, the previous owner removed the 3 on tree shifter from my 250/6 with Saginaw 3 speed, and replaced it with a hurst indy truck shifter. So, I have no backup lights. Where are the wires for the reverse light switch. I don't see any hanging wires by the tranny. I just want to install a manual switch so I can turn on the reverse lights manually. Any ideas where the wires may be hanging out?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Years ago, the previous owner removed the 3 on tree shifter from my 250/6 with Saginaw 3 speed, and replaced it with a hurst indy truck shifter. So, I have no backup lights. Where are the wires for the reverse light switch. I don't see any hanging wires by the tranny. I just want to install a manual switch so I can turn on the reverse lights manually. Any ideas where the wires may be hanging out?
if a truck had a 3 on the tree, id wonder if it had a column mounted reverse switch?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

part number: 329816

Do you still have the original column or was it swapped? because if you have the column, if you can move the tube up to the very top, that sounds like thats where reverse would be (and thus should activate the switch) but this only works if you have the original column

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
FYI- in case you didn't know- Should be looking for dark blue wire (DK BLU-75 comes from Turn/BU fuse) & light green wire (LT GRN-24 runs to BU lights)

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'll go look a little later today. Thanks, I forgot they put it there. Its probably still wired!

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Coolio, today I looked under the dash and saw the switch, with a blue and green wire. I pulled the plug off, and connected two wires (blue and green!) to the connector, ran them to a switch, with a ground, and installed it in the dash..When the blue light is on, the back up lights are on. That's what I wanted, thanks aurora girl and jgonick

Attachments

• Library - 1 of 5.jpeg
    Library - 1 of 5.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Library - 4 of 5.jpeg
    Library - 4 of 5.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Library - 3 of 5.jpeg
    Library - 3 of 5.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 13

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Coolio, today I looked under the dash and saw the switch, with a blue and green wire. I pulled the plug off, and connected two wires (blue and green!) to the connector, ran them to a switch, with a ground, and installed it in the dash..When the blue light is on, the back up lights are on. That's what I wanted, thanks aurora girl and jgonick
now youre legally required to put LEDs in so you have a minor bump in visibility backing up and then install another light to auxillary light up on another switch to help you back up.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Brighter and BRIGHTER LIGHTS... How bright is too bright? I'm good.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Brighter and BRIGHTER LIGHTS... How bright is too bright? I'm good.
LED in the reverse sockets of these trucks, especially with yellowed housings (like yours) actually arent all that bright. But no issue, just glad you have reverse lamps now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71