Retrosound Hermosa or Custom Autosound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
Got it,thanks

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Retoxtony

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
1979, 1982
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Thought I’d update this thread. In the end I ordered…… neither.

Both of these options end up being extremely expensive in Canada and give me the same (or less) functionality as any deck that I can pick up for $125 almost anywhere.

So I bought a Kenwood head unit (no CD player) that I’ll be mounting in a remote location. Either glove box or behind the seat seem most likely. Everything is Bluetooth anyway so it should work. And now I can leave my factory tape player in place for the next guy.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L

Attachments

• _DSC5302.jpg
    _DSC5302.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 87

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
Thought I’d update this thread. In the end I ordered…… neither.

Both of these options end up being extremely expensive in Canada and give me the same (or less) functionality as any deck that I can pick up for $125 almost anywhere.

So I bought a Kenwood head unit (no CD player) that I’ll be mounting in a remote location. Either glove box or behind the seat seem most likely. Everything is Bluetooth anyway so it should work. And now I can leave my factory tape player in place for the next guy.
try the glove box one summer and...no not anymore..play with it was a pain when driving ;)

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The previous owner had just installed the Retrosound. I like it okay, it has a lot of nice features. I cannot get it to sound exactly like I want it to no matter how I adjust the equalizer or use the pre-programmed settings. Probably a result of the poor speakers but I don't really care. I would rather hear the muted rumble of that old 350 than the radio anyway. Of course I was hoping to find an OE radio with the cassette player...I do still have a few cassettes that were period correct for the '87.

Fortunately, it looks about like it is supposed to look and that is worth a LOT to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
My son and I installed a modern stereo in his truck, It's a pioneer with the Smart Sync feature. It has an app that uses your smart phone to control the stereo so you can mount it wherever you choose and you don't have to touch it. You can get a smart phone mount so the phone can be placed where it's not as dangerous to play with when driving. His dash was already cut for a non factory stereo so we put his in the dash.

I would mount it behind the seat to make the install simple and clean if it was up to me. The display on the phone is bigger and easier to see compared to the display on the stereo. It also has bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08