restore, scrap or find doner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/TH350/NP205/4.11gears
I recently purchased a 78 step side K10. I knew I wanted a project to completely tear apart and rebuild from the ground up. New body panels, crate engine and interior were determined before even making the purchase. I acquired a truck that is going to need; Cab corners, floor panels, inside and outside rockers,cab supports, doors, hood, fenders, lots of bed work... pretty much building a new truck from the ground up... I anticipated a lot of work and I have a good understanding and know how when it comes to this but am I in to deep would I be better off selling and finding something else or just going to town on this one piece at a time...

I don't want a show truck but I do want a beautiful truck and a bad ass lifted steal your lunch money beauty queen and although I grew up in trash I don't want a trail trash Barbie doll full of rust lol

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
78 is a good year for the frame/running gear. I would do a frme-off and be looking for a cab & bed in the meantime. If you like the round eye trucks you'll want 73-79. If you like miniquads I think 81-87 is the WTG. I wouldnt throw anything away just yet. But fenders, fenderwells and hood are pretty easy to come by.

Corey

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I love the look of the truck I wouldn't change it so I'm def staying with it. when you get a good deal on a truck that runs awesome and drives great you think yeah and then once really looking at it it's like WTF ok I'm about to drop some loot to make this thing beautiful again. I should have stepped back and said to myself you're going to tear this apart and who cares if it runs you'll get a better deal if it doesn't how much cancer and how much surgery is it going to need is what I should have been saying lol.

I think I'm going to move forward with the tear down it was a little disheartning and self induced ass kicking when I was like ok I'm building something fromt the ground up... lucky for me parts are cheap for this truck lol

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
At the same time keep an eye on craigslist for a truck that dont have an engine, trans, whatever. Sometimes you can pick those up for just a few hundred bucks and end up with a good body. In NC you should be in a good location to find relatively rust-free trucks, compared to the slim pickins up here.

Corey

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got what I think is a good idea... I want section the rear fender(step side) to the rear mounting point of the mounting point of the leaf spring make that the end of the truck French caddy tail lights into the fenders make the tail gate flush and flip the chains and securing points inwards so I dont lose a functioning tail gate and it's all flush looking from the rear and keeping the oem looking tailgate (chevrolet) and possibly sectionkng the front fenders so they look uniform to the rear... Building roll pans for the front and rear do they are flush and clean looking...

Does this sound like a clean line running truck?

I've built a lot of mini trucks clean running lines and simplistic looking bodies is what I like

Corey

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Using my phone so spell check makes me sound like a retard hope you can understand and invision what I'm thinking lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71