Repainting my 1980 Custom deluxe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great looking Truck. It must be a late 1980 I see the square headlights. Mine is a early 1980 model it was the last year for round headlights. It should be painted as soon as the paint Store opens. I will seen some pictures.. Thanks
They used round all through the 80 model year. All Silverado and other trim lines that had I think it's like the vr22 sport code had square head lights.

Jt1776

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for your input, here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to prime the whole truck with a epoxy primer. Then I'm going with 2 stage paint. I'm a cabinet and furniture maker. So I'm guessing I'm going to try to match what do with wood. I have used single stage stain, with the poyl in the stain. It can look good but nothing is better than a good laquear finish. So 2 stage it is. Here is a picture of a bar top I just finished today. My work truck is getting more expensive everyday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Great looking Truck. It must be a late 1980 I see the square headlights. Mine is a early 1980 model it was the last year for round headlights. It should be painted as soon as the paint Store opens. I will seen some pictures.. Thanks

The square headlight isn't a late/early 1980 thing as far as I know. The rectangular headlight in 1980 is a trim thing. Only Sierra Classic or Silverado trim got the rectangular headlight in that style and only in 1980. The same style front headlight bezel but with round headlight was used in 1979-80 for all trim levels in 79 and all except Sierra Classic/Silverado in 80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005