Removing paint and "polishing" it while maintaining patina?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Web browser, mobile version of the site. Works perfectly :favorites37:
I gotta disagree a bit. It's not quite as good as Tapatalk, and not nearly as convenient to have all your forums in one spot

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
The owner of this forum apparently hasn't paid for the upgrade to Tapatalk that allows us all to see images, and so everything is hit and miss. It's a real shame. Only thing I don't like about this forum, because then I have to open a web browser in order to view images, and the scaling and whatnot doesn't look right

Very interested. But still strange for me since I tried using a mobile browser with the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Very interested. But still strange for me since I tried using a mobile browser with the same issue.

Scratch that. I finally realized that Tapatalk was taking over every time I clicked on or copied a link on the message board. Finally got the browser to work and I can see the pictures.

At least that gives me some help when I've been researched on here at old build threads, etc.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I gotta disagree a bit. It's not quite as good as Tapatalk, and not nearly as convenient to have all your forums in one spot

Maybe you can help me understand then, why is tapatalk better? How can a "middle man" be better than the real deal?

I only visit a few forums. I just open up google chrome, tap on the search bar, and GMsquarebody is always first on the recent list to click on. Literally 3 clicks and I'm here.

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Maybe you can help me understand then, why is tapatalk better? How can a "middle man" be better than the real deal?

I only visit a few forums. I just open up google chrome, tap on the search bar, and GMsquarebody is always first on the recent list to click on. Literally 3 clicks and I'm here.
It does have a lot of benefits over a browser. I've been using message boards for many years and I love having the app to keep things in order and allowing me to read notifications in one spot.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It does have a lot of benefits over a browser. I've been using message boards for many years and I love having the app to keep things in order and allowing me to read notifications in one spot.

Eh, I guess it's just a personal preference. I've been using message boards since '02 or so and like how it works "stock".

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Eh, I guess it's just a personal preference. I've been using message boards since '02 or so and like how it works "stock".
Yeah, I get it. And depending how your workflow is, it might not remotely work for you. It took me awhile to adjust to it and now I can't imagine not using it. But that's also because I'm nuts and love my lists and organization. Lol

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size

I guess since it's an app you install, it knows the display and aspect ratio of your screen on each device, and so it formats the text to be very clean and easy to read. Images are also formatted to fit and look nice. Then you add to it that you can see all your different forums in a list or all together and see notifications for all.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
The owner of this forum apparently hasn't paid for the upgrade to Tapatalk that allows us all to see images, and so everything is hit and miss. It's a real shame. Only thing I don't like about this forum, because then I have to open a web browser in order to view images, and the scaling and whatnot doesn't look right

I've never had a problem. And if more people would pay the $25 per YEAR to legally join GMSB maybe they could afford the extra crap to make you happy.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Still can't. Just weird. But when I've been doing my searching on here, it's been pretty common. They just look like broken links, both locations.
You must be registered for see images attach

Still can't. Just weird. But when I've been doing my searching on here, it's been pretty common. They just look like broken links, both locations.

I made a video on youtube about me talking about various cars, and I talk about the linseed treatment I did on my truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I've never had a problem. And if more people would pay the $25 per YEAR to legally join GMSB maybe they could afford the extra crap to make you happy.
Lol "legally join" made me laugh. And I'm glad it hasn't been an issue for you, but that doesn't mean broken links and failed images are acceptable for others.

It's the owner's job to support the site, and if he chooses not to spend money, I'm not scoffing at it.

But it is a standard message board tool that a ton of people obviously use, so him investing in it, would just lead to more people involved and more paid members. [emoji6]

Tapatalk is gay!
Well ****, that's good. I can't stand using straight apps. They are such prudes.

And for a second I thought it was all the gay sex that made me gay. [emoji2369][emoji849]

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I made a video on youtube about me talking about various cars, and I talk about the linseed treatment I did on my truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Right on, I'll check it out. Thanks

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would try some Dupont #7 Rubbing Compound on it.
Most of the newer compounds are pretty mild, since they are intended for base/clear paint.

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I would try some Dupont #7 Rubbing Compound on it.
Most of the newer compounds are pretty mild, since they are intended for base/clear paint.
That's very true. Definitely one of my few tests to see what's at the base of this. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8