Removing overload.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OverUnder725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Getting ready to paint my rear leaf springs on my '82 c10. I am doing a 3/5 drop with a flip kit in the rear. I wanted to clean up the look of the spring pack. I have the 4+1 springs, would removing the overload change ride height? Do not want it any lower than what I get from the flip kit and definitely do not want to be in a c- notch situation. Load capacity is not a concern.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes, no, and possibly yes. But in reality, you'll have the same drop as every other flip done.

Yes...you would in theory have less of a drop as the starting point has been reduced. The total amount of flip has been reduced over baseline but the final result will be the same.
No...Since you are doing a flip kit, it would net the same ride height regardless of whether the overload is there or not. The final result remains the same.
Possibly yes...if your springs are worn and relied on the overload, you'll have more drop than intended.

Personally, I'd leave it in. It doesn't affect ride, doesn't affect the final outcome, and helps with load and prevents springs from bottoming out over bumps.

OverUnder725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Never thought of the bottoming out over bumps, good point. I will leave them in place, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86 squared