Relocating to Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
OK Fellers a little update for you all. I left Friday morning, got down there just fine except for having a fuel line come off of the filter. No biggie a few minutes and back on the road. Got there Friday evening about 6:00. looked around the area a little bit that evening but didn't really find anything.

Saturday Morning, the owner met us at the hotel and from there we went to eat breakfast, looked at pictures and what not of what we would be doing. Then off to the shop to show us around and discuss the details. It all went better then expected and The job is mine.

At first I will be doing a lot of maintenance on equipment and the building, but will also be doing fab work, installation, and EVENTUALLY I will be taking on the Concrete for the footings of the columns for the rail systems.

To say the least I am excited to go, but at the same time a little nervous to move my family 800 miles, luckily @ of my friends also will be moving there around the same time so that should help quite a bit.

Now The shop is located in Pinehurst so I need to try to Find a place to live within about 30 minutes of the shop and a Small school district. lol is it gonna be possible?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Congrats on the new job.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
OK Fellers a little update for you all. I left Friday morning, got down there just fine except for having a fuel line come off of the filter. No biggie a few minutes and back on the road. Got there Friday evening about 6:00. looked around the area a little bit that evening but didn't really find anything.

Saturday Morning, the owner met us at the hotel and from there we went to eat breakfast, looked at pictures and what not of what we would be doing. Then off to the shop to show us around and discuss the details. It all went better then expected and The job is mine.

At first I will be doing a lot of maintenance on equipment and the building, but will also be doing fab work, installation, and EVENTUALLY I will be taking on the Concrete for the footings of the columns for the rail systems.

To say the least I am excited to go, but at the same time a little nervous to move my family 800 miles, luckily @ of my friends also will be moving there around the same time so that should help quite a bit.

Now The shop is located in Pinehurst so I need to try to Find a place to live within about 30 minutes of the shop and a Small school district. lol is it gonna be possible?
Congrats OLP, I still recommend Montgomery Independent School Dist.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?q=montgom...yeSUyQyUyMFRYX19fZV8mbW9kZT1EJnJ0b3A9MH4wfjB+

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Congrats man!!!

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Congrats! Especially in this economy!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
Congrats Luke, when do you start?.

Clayton

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Thanks all. The montgomery isd is what we are really wanting. But it is unbeleivably hard to find a place to live when your 800 miles away. I am in hopes to find something before I go down so I dont have to be with out my family while im trying to find a place.

You should call a realtor down there....they are very helpful.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Congrats Luke, when do you start?.

Clayton
Im still not 100% sure exactly when I will start, I still have a few loose ends and a few jobs up here I have to complete before I can go down but as of now sometime in November.

You should call a realtor down there....they are very helpful.

My wife is startng to email them.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
So Pops, aside from the heat, how you liking TX so far? Any good or bad experiences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord