Relocating to Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Yea I lived in Magnolia back in 96-98 and I got cousins that live there now. My wife grew up in Montgomery and one of my daughters lives there now. I'll double check with my wife on specifics about there tonight and reply then. That whole area has realy been growing in the last 10years like crazy, its one of the most desirable areas to move to lately.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
OLP, I talked to the wife and the best place to live and put your kids in school would be in Montgomery Independent School District in Mongomery TX(MISD), my wife graduated from there and our to oldest kids went there. Montgomery is only about 15-20 miles or so north of Pinehurst TX. Montgomery is only about 10-15 miles from Conroe wich has plenty of shopping areas for the wife, LOL. You also mentioned you wanted to live in a rural area, trust me, north and west of Montgomery is in the woods.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
OLP, I talked to the wife and the best place to live and put your kids in school would be in Montgomery Independent School District in Mongomery TX(MISD), my wife graduated from there and our to oldest kids went there. Montgomery is only about 15-20 miles or so north of Pinehurst TX. Montgomery is only about 10-15 miles from Conroe wich has plenty of shopping areas for the wife, LOL. You also mentioned you wanted to live in a rural area, trust me, north and west of Montgomery is in the woods.

Thats PERFECT!!!! I will be flying down in the next few weeks to talk face to face with a company in pinehurst. There suppose to show me around a little I will request to check out Montgomery while im there.

Thanks again and I will keep youi posted

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
What job are you applying for Pops?

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
What job are you applying for Pops?

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

I cant really say to much at this time but. I will be doing welding, fabrication, Installation, Maintenance.., as well as Concrete. I'm really kind of excited to be able to do such a variety of things, It will sure take the monotony of concrete out when I can do so much more.
The Benefits are GREAT, and the pay scale doesn't seem to bad right now. I am definitely excited to get down there.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Damn I just saw this, Have you looked a going a little south of Houston? I really like Sugarland, and that whole area down there.

When I moved here from Cali, I just went to the DMV and just traded in my Cali licenses for a Texas, I think i had to retake the Haz-Mat, but that's been almost twenty years ago.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Damn I just saw this, Have you looked a going a little south of Houston? I really like Sugarland, and that whole area down there.

When I moved here from Cali, I just went to the DMV and just traded in my Cali licenses for a Texas, I think i had to retake the Haz-Mat, but that's been almost twenty years ago.

Well the big thing is the school district as far as where I live. I want my kids to go to a smaller school. The school they go to now requires them to change schools after every grade, which in turns means they loose contact with the friends they made the previouse year. IMO its almost as bad as moving them around from town to town every year into completely different school districts.

The other thing is I have an "interview" with a company in Pinehurst Saturday morning. Really all it is is supposeddly a chance to meat face to face and tour the facilities. Plus it will give me a chance to scout the areas out for possable places for my wife to work. She isnt much on driving very far so the commute for her cant be to far.

I been checking craigslist for rental properties in houston, but i am in HOPES that being there will give me better ideas as to other places to rent. I gotta say though I am a little concerned with the cost of rent down there, Just looking on craigslist it seems as if everything will be ATLEAST 800.00 per month.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
OLP, another place to look is The Green Sheet.com and the Houston Chronicall.com for houses/apt for rent. Also remember no state income tax to come out of your checks.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
OLP, another place to look is The Green Sheet.com and the Houston Chronicall.com for houses/apt for rent. Also remember no state income tax to come out of your checks.

yea i keep remembering that and smiling everytime, I dont get any taxes take out of my checks right now, instead I just have to pay lump sums ugh it sucks being self employed.

I will check those out

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
BTW OLP, we are having a squarebody(about 7 of us) get together that weekend you are here. Sat we are going to the SSC, after that shuts down at 5 we might go to the cruise in in Kemah till dark then back to the house for beer and hanging out. Your more than welcome to join us if you are lookin for something to do.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
BTW OLP, we are having a squarebody(about 7 of us) get together that weekend you are here. Sat we are going to the SSC, after that shuts down at 5 we might go to the cruise in in Kemah till dark then back to the house for beer and hanging out. Your more than welcome to join us if you are lookin for something to do.

cool thanks for the invite, I will have to see how things go. What is the "SSC"?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
3 days and Counting till I get to take the 859 mile Road trip to Tomball, hope my ole truck makes it down and back lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey