Rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm with challenge you actually feel it makes a difference. To my way of thinking it's too small a diameter spring steel to do much. Also the design... if you were to straighten it out it would be twice the width. The longer a spring the less rate.
Anyway, it would be nice to get another review after you have lived with it for more time.

A 7/8 to 1" bar is probably all you need on a C10. Too big a bar and you run the risk of over steering it pretty bad especially with an unloaded Shortbed. We plan to auto cross my son's truck a bit so I'll probably buy/ build something adjustable.

Where I find rear sway bars to be most helpful is going down the highway on a windy day. Helps keep you in your lane.

F-64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 lwb
Engine Size
5.7 tbi stock
In the early 90's I looked for a rear sway bar. I couldn't really find one. Then Sport Truck magazine's truck of the year in 1993 had what I needed. They're nascar style sway bars with splined ends, steel lever arms, heim joints, bronze bushings. They make a huge difference, but they're not really cheap. The bar in the rear is a 1" solid bar that goes through holes drilled in the frame forward of the differential. The winning truck is from Benchmark Fab in Corvallis, Oregon. He may still sell these bars, but not sure as this was 25 years ago. Speedway Engineering sells the parts for these bars. You just have to get them to fit. best of luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed82k20