Rear Spring Options????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

throttle out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
I'm in the process of restoring my 87 V10 short bed. Everything in the front end is brand new, 3" Tough Country EZ rides and their nitro shocks all around along with everything else associated with the front end. . My focus on the rear end is beginning and it currently doesn't flex hardly at all. My fathers 04 Silverado's rear will flex at the slightest bit of force applied and it goes without saying, rides rather well. His rear spring pack has probably half the leafs in them compared to mine and up to a certain point of load is only riding on the single main leaf. Can the rear springs from the newer trucks go on our old squares without hours of fab work? I haven't pulled any dimensions yet, but am planning a junk yard trip this weekend.

Thanks Yall!!

Fastereddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Your rear spring is a 52" while your dads is a 64"? Spring. Gotta cut rivits off and move hangers on both ends. If you don't wanna do any cut n fab your best option in my opinion is some off road design springs.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Since you're running 3" lift you could get a shackle flip kit and 64" Blazer springs. It's a lot of hard work, cutting off the rivets and old rear hangers, and I think the front hangers would have to move a little too with the 64s, but 3/4 ton trucks have 56" which is what I have on mine and they ride better than the stock 52s. With 56s you dont have to relocate the front hangers but you can move the axle forward or back a little if you need to with a set of zero rate add-a-leafs. And since most shackle flips are 4" you could remove some of the 3/4 ton lower springs to make a softer ride. Lots of options but lots of experimentation involved as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus