ORD Rear Spring Shackle Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I got around to installing one of these this past weekend. Everything went smooth except for the removal of the outer stock bushing steel. it had grown as one with the spring eye. I used Energy Suspension bushings for the top eye. The hole in the bracket and the steel sleeve for the bushing had to be almost perfectly lined up for the bolt to get started into the hole. I checked twice that the bolt would actually fit. I'll do the other side this weekend. I also have the front rear spring bushings. That job looks tough with the springs installed on the truck. I did the Front-end bushings with the springs on the truck. I used my wood block and brass wedge set up on them. I drilled out the rubber and beat the sleeve out, I struggled with the outer shell. It met its match when the air chisel came out. The ORD bracket is a tight fit in the lower. I had to use a C clamp and a block of wood to squeeze it in place. The holes lined up easy.

Attachments

• dry rotted.jpg
    dry rotted.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 54
  • rear bushing.jpg
    rear bushing.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 44
  • wow.jpg
    wow.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 45
  • chisled.jpg
    chisled.jpg