Rear frame differences between C and K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe green

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hello, I have a 78 k20 that needs all the rear spring hangers, and basically all the cross members from the transfer case back not including the transfer case cross member. I started looking for frames to purchase that i can pull the parts off that i need. One frame i found for sale is a 2wd 85 c10 frame. I know that the front suspension between the c and k are completely different but what about the rear. Is everything the same between the c and k from basically the transfer case back? What about year differences? Will an 85 frame be the same as a 78 for the rear suspension and cross members. I know to look only for 10 or 20 series frames as they are the same and the 30 series is different.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
4WD rear hangers are about 2" longer than 2WD hangers. LMC sells most of the hanger parts. You will have to source the cross members. Check out the eBay seller in link 2. They part out a lot of Northern California trucks. I needed a cross member that was not listed on any of their auctions. They pulled the part and created an auction for me. They're prices include shipping.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=51

https://www.ebay.com/str/classicchevygmcparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

joe green

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Thanks. I saw them on ebay. They actually have everything i want it would jest be cheaper for me to buy a complete frame so thats the rout i am trying to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly