Rear cab support??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
85c-10. The rear support on my regular cab has some holes in it. Every company makes the front cab supports. But does anyone anywhere make the long rear one ?!?!? Or hooe to fix it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Got a picture?

Your talking about the one that is right behind the rear bumper?

What are the holes from? The half tons came with big holes for weight reduction.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
That part number is 15588500:

You must be registered for see images attach

And unfortunately, your gut is telling you right. These are listed as NLA - everywhere. If yours are too rusty to support the cab mount/cab, the best bet is to hit the junkyards.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh haha lol I should stop posting when Im stoned on pain killers lol

Too bad Im not further along with my projects probably late next year I will have exactly what your looking for :(

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
I'm going to be changing the rear cab mounts soon. I hope the nut doesn't spin loose like the front ones did. Good thing I was replacing the floor pans, and could open up the floor for the front mounts but certainly don't want to open anything up for the rear mounts.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I'm going to be changing the rear cab mounts soon. I hope the nut doesn't spin loose like the front ones did. Good thing I was replacing the floor pans, and could open up the floor for the front mounts but certainly don't want to open anything up for the rear mounts.

Well if it does it does. This is an excellent opportunity to replace the cab bolts with new grade 8 hardware and use anti seize to prevent this issue in the future.

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
Yes, you are right, the never seize is a good idea, and I just might have a tube of it, thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64