Re-popped doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westislander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What are the opinion of buying re-popped door shells? It looks like you can buy them for about $150 each. Do they fit and is the quality good enough or is finding a rust free take off the only way to go? My other option is welding on new lower and inner door skins- TIA, Gregg

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It depends on how much of a stickler you are for good body gaps. Factory doors don't often fit the greatest, the aftermarket doors often (but not always) fit rather poor.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
It depends on how much of a stickler you are for good body gaps. Factory doors don't often fit the greatest, the aftermarket doors often (but not always) fit rather poor.
This is what I was gonna say. With either one you'll have to do some work if your OCD about door gaps because even from the factory on these trucks the door gaps were not great. I have repop doors on my '77. They fit pretty decent but it did take some work and fiddling to get it there. To make it perfect, though, I'd have to have had to break out the welder and add some material and such along the edges and go down that rabbit hole.

Westislander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is what I was gonna say. With either one you'll have to do some work if your OCD about door gaps because even from the factory on these trucks the door gaps were not great. I have repop doors on my '77. They fit pretty decent but it did take some work and fiddling to get it there. To make it perfect, though, I'd have to have had to break out the welder and add some material and such along the edges and go down that rabbit hole.
In your opinion who has the best doors/panels for the money?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Auto Metal Direct (http://www.autometaldirect.com/index.php) has good quality stuff.

I've also personally had good luck with LMC but you'll hear mixed reviews from people on them so I may just be lucky with regard to them.

If I was to recommend one I'd go with Auto Metal Direct at this point in time. They've got good stuff and have a solid reputation.

Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I have quite a bit of experience with new, used, aftermarket, beforemarket etc. Here's my take. It is a crap shoot. I am ocd about the gaps. I just make the damn things fit. Add/cut, whatever it takes. Just remember to start with your cab/tub. THEN set/adjust/align the fenders, then radiator support and grill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20