Ratcheting Wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Not as good as it once was unfortunately. I couldn't even find batteries that have a 5 year warranty last time I looked (at least not without paying a small fortune for the top of the line gold version) and the chinese crapsman tools are not much better. Be interesting to see what Stanley does with the Craftsman name

My battery only has a 3-year warranty. :(

What's the deal about Stanley? Are they buying the Craftsman line? What?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I saw those right beside the Craftsman set I purchased but didn't know what the warranty was and didn't think to ask. Those are about $10 cheaper for, essentially, the same thing. Oh well, live and learn (and waste money.) Story of my life! lol!

If you get'em for free at least share the "how" with the rest of use...please?
I have shared the "how". It's in the Craftsman Scores Thread. I've got a ton of **** for FREE or damn cheap in the last few months. http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/sears-craftsman-scores.21609/

I would have gotten the Gear Wrench earlier but was like you. But they do have lifetime warranty and @silverscottsk10 says they're good.

I wouldn't beat yourself up. $10 is very cheap life lesson, so no worries.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'll be heading to Sears shortly. Thanks for the post.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll be heading to Sears shortly. Thanks for the post.
You should register for the Sears Shop My Way or Craftsman Club. All your purchases are tracked via you phone #. Then you start getting promo coupons and FREE CASH offers via Email.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Right now for example, the promo that's going for members is, You get 50% of what you spend back in Points up to $50. So if I spend $100, I then get $50 Points Cash to use the next day or within the next 30 days I think it is or they expire. OK, so then you get your Points Cash, but they also send you FREE CASH offers too that CAN BE combined with your points offer. So let's say I spend $100. I then get $50 points, and there might be a $20 FREE CASH for a $50 or more item.
So, I can either get a $70 item for FREE or I can use $20 FREE CASH offer and $30 of my points for a FREE set of Gear Wrenches and still $20 in my points left for another purchase.

Then I get a FREE CASH offer of $10 for a $10 or more purchase, still having $20 in points, I can get a $30 Item for FREE.

These deals also work with ON Sale and even Clearance items. Yep, you gotta spend a little money to get the points, but once you start making several purchases, even with your points, the more FREE CASH coupon offers come in to your Shop My Way account. Unless it's an INSTORE only coupon, I use them all online and if it's a Pick Up at the store today item, within 10 minutes I have email to go pick it up.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ill bet ya. I could always use more ratcheting wrenches cheap.
OH ****, you bet me just as I told how I was going to do it. But you'd lose. I'll be getting that set of Gear Wrenches, and I ain't payin' for them. !!! Dey gonna be FREE !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I already have the 8pc set of Metric Craftsman Wrenches I got last month for $1.94. I guess I'll get the 20pc set so I have more sizes in the Metric and then the Standard size too. I'll give this 8pc set to my son of put them in the traveling tool box I keep I in the service car and keep the 20pc set of GW wrenches in the boxes at the house.

Post #12 of the Craftsman Scores Thread.
Sears Craftsman Scores

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Right now for example, the promo that's going for members is, You get 50% of what you spend back in Points up to $50. So if I spend $100, I then get $50 Points Cash to use the next day or within the next 30 days I think it is or they expire. OK, so then you get your Points Cash, but they also send you FREE CASH offers too that CAN BE combined with your points offer. So let's say I spend $100. I then get $50 points, and there might be a $20 FREE CASH for a $50 or more item.
So, I can either get a $70 item for FREE or I can use $20 FREE CASH offer and $30 of my points for a FREE set of Gear Wrenches and still $20 in my points left for another purchase.

Then I get a FREE CASH offer of $10 for a $10 or more purchase, still having $20 in points, I can get a $30 Item for FREE.

These deals also work with ON Sale and even Clearance items. Yep, you gotta spend a little money to get the points, but once you start making several purchases, even with your points, the more FREE CASH coupon offers come in to your Shop My Way account. Unless it's an INSTORE only coupon, I use them all online and if it's a Pick Up at the store today item, within 10 minutes I have email to go pick it up.

so couldnt you do all of that, buy a second set of wrenches with all the cash/discounts then return the original wrenches making the second set truly free?

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Oh Wow you conniving son-of-a-gun. I LIKE it!!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
They keep track of your Points and FREE CASH used, and that's probably why they ONLY allow Credit/Debit Card Purchase. If I did that, then the points I qualified for would be null and void, so I then think they'd probably charge my card for the amount due once the points were taken back for the refund on the original set.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
They keep track of your Points and FREE CASH used, and that's probably why they ONLY allow Credit/Debit Card Purchase. If I did that, then the points I qualified for would be null and void, so I then think they'd probably charge my card for the amount due once the points were taken back for the refund on the original set.

If you have already cashed in your points and free cash they cant void it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you have already cashed in your points and free cash they cant void it.
Not sure how that actually works. I've never tried it, probably won't. Not on purpose anyway.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
You should register for the Sears Shop My Way or Craftsman Club. All your purchases are tracked via you phone #. Then you start getting promo coupons and FREE CASH offers via Email.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got mine about 4 to 5 years ago. Saved a lot with it.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think all this talk has got me talked into this 20pc of Gear Wrench ratcheting wrenches. @silverscottsk10 claims they're good wrenches.

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-20pc-combination-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00935720000P

Had anyone been watching my Sears Craftsman Scores thread??? Anyone wanna bet me I can't get this set of wrenches for FREE??? C'mon, someone bet me !!!
I've used them at work with no issues, even hold 7/8" bolts while using my Milwaukee 1/2" for most things, so far one hasn't broken, one of the few things I pay for the name on

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg