Sears Craftsman Scores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just wanted to put this out there so if anyone else will do Craftsman tools these days, you can probably save yourself quite a bit of cash. Due to some recent promos and have a few bucks lately, I've gotten a few things recently for real good deals since I have an online account with Sears. Craftsman is also sold at K-marts and Ace Hardware now too. So if and when Sears folds, I'm hoping Ace will still carry and warranty the brand.

With an online account you get promos for FREE CASH, and you also acquire cash points that you redeem as cash right there in your cart online, then you print out your bar code and go the store and pick it up and mech pick up. I'll post up a few examples.

I've always had my Snap On Deep Impact sockets that I bought over 20 years ago for $110. I never had Metric so I'd cheat and use my SAE on the Metric stuff. With an impact wrench, I just beat the hell out of my bolts so I've always wanted to get me a set of Metric deep sockets. I do so today. Check this out !!!

I got an email for a $15 FREE CASH to be used by the 18th. Then, also a promo if you spend $20-$99 you got $20 FREE CASH to use on any other purchase the next day or up to 6 months from now, or Spend $100+ and get $50 FREE CASH to be used next day or up to 6 months. And when they say FREE CASH, it really is. It's not must be used on a $100 or more item, if you found an item for $20.00, then your item is now FREE by redeeming your FREE CASH in your online cart.

Not sure how true, they claim regular price of $89.99 on sale for $35.99. I used my $15 FREE CASH coupon I got in email today. That brings it down to $20.99. Because I spent $20. I will have a $20 FREE CASH to use tomorrow up to 6 months from now in my Points FREE CASH account.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$35.99

Points You've Redeemed-$15.38

Pre-Tax Subtotal$20.61

Sales Tax$1.78

Order Total
$22.39

You've earned= $20.21 in points on this order.
base 206 points
bonus $20.00 in points

So I paid $22.39 total with sales tax for these sockets, now tomorrow I'll have $20.21 FREE CASH to buy something else. Pretty much equals, I got these sockets for $2.18. Less than sales tax would have been for full price or even sale price.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Last week they had a promo, for every $30 you spent you got $10 FREE CASH, so here's what I did.

I bought this middle chest they claim is $166.99 on sale for $89.99.

I had an email to use a $10 FREE CASH on anything in the tools dept. So, I applied that $10 FREE CASH, + $19.99 of my Points to bring the total down to $60, even though I still more points left to use, I kept it at $19.99 so that total would be $60 which is $30 x 2 x $10 = Another $20 in points to put back on my account. See what I did there? I used $19.99 in my FREE points, but it put $20 Free points right back on my account using their promo of for every $30 you spend you get $10 in FREE points. I paid $60 + sales tax for this box.
Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$89.99

Points You've Redeemed-$29.99

Pre-Tax Subtotal$60.00

Sales Tax$5.25

Order Total
$65.25

You've earned= $20.60 in points on this order.

base 600 points

bonus $20.00 in points

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This roller cabinet on sale for $169.99, I used $30 FREE CASH coupon that was emailed to me.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$177.77

Additional Discount-($17.78)

Points You've Redeemed-$30.04

Pre-Tax Subtotal$129.95

Sales Tax$11.21

Order Total
$141.16

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's one of my most expensive purchases, but you'll see why in the next post.

Craftsman Cordless 1/2in drill, not a 3/8 drill, a 1/2 in drill, an impact driver, 2 19.2 Volt batteries, charger and a real nice carry bag. Normally $149.99. Big reason for this purchase, is because I wanted another battery for my Cordless Impact gun I use daily for changing tires. That battery itself was $39.99. I figured for about the cost of 2 batteries would be $80, and I can use these tools and have an additional charger too. It went on sale $109.99. I'd been watching this set for about 4 months waiting to see a good sale. $119.99 was the lowest I had seen it go, so $109.99 I figured is as low as it would get. They had same promo going, for every $30 you spent, get $10, so I figured I'd apply this FREE CASH coupon I got emailed, so I had to add a little bit. I added the 13 inch tool bag for $4.99, and found these cool screws drivers for $15.99 on sale normally $39.99. These Extreme Grip screwdrivers really are the ****. I like them alot, especially for my medical conditions, these are great for me. So you'll see, I didn't use alot of points on this purchase, but I did gain alot of FREE CASH points and wait til you see the next 2 purchases after I post this one.

You see, to use my $10 FREE CASH I was emailed that day, since the power tools were on sale for $109.99, I had to add the screwdrivers and the tool bag to make my total $120.00 so I'd get $120 divided by $30 = $40 in FREE CASH points.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$130.97

Points You've Redeemed-$10.97

Pre-Tax Subtotal$120.00

Sales Tax$10.35

Order Total
$130.35

You've earned $41.20 in points on this order.
base $1.20 in points

bonus $40.00 in points

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So with FREE CASH points, and this kit they claim to be $89 or something ridiculous, it was on sale, and I really needed this for the Torx and Metric Allen bits. For the 42pcs, I figured how can you go wrong at approx. .50 cents per piece on sale and get some extra cool bits and reverse torx sockets to boot too. Of course I had some FREE CASH points, and to make the best of the promotion, I needed to spend another $10 and get even more back. So I added the $19.99 Multimeter that was on sale for $10.99. After applying my FREE CASH email coupon and using a few of my points, you see the grand total for both items. Yes, it's true. With sales tax, Total is $5.30.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$38.76

Additional Discount-($3.88)

Points You've Redeemed-$30.00

Pre-Tax Subtotal$4.88

Sales Tax$0.42

Order Total
$5.30

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Cool deal...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Only going to bore you all with 1 more purchase. This one was a result of the Cordless Tools, Extreme Grip Screwdrivers and 13in tool bag and all the points I got back + another FREE CASH email bonus I got earlier in the week.

That access go through socket set is the ****. Those sockets fit rounded bolts, 12pt, 6pt, 8pt and some other wierd bolt head. I wish I had these when I was doing my daughters timing belt due to no room between the front of the engine and the inner fender that is part of the car body and can't be removed. Man it was tight and when I had a stud to get a nut off of, I couldn't use a socket. Had to use slow mode with an open end wrench.

That socket and ratchet set is $49.99 was on sale for $29.99. To use the points right, I had to choose a few more items. I didn't more screwdrivers but my buddy is in bad need since his are all junk, so he got a birthday present with one of the tool bags. I got all that for less then $5 including sales tax.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$54.96

Points You've Redeemed-$50.43

Pre-Tax Subtotal$4.53

Sales Tax$0.39

Order Total
$4.92

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool deal...

Yep, it really is. So, hopefully some of you guys have a Sears nearby, or some of this was even shipped to the house since if you spent over $25 you got free shipping. The boxes I did have to go pick up or they'd have been $69 shipping, but everything else I could have had shipped for FREE. You guys oughta sign up for a Sears account or join the Craftsman Club. Not sure which is why I get all these FREE CASH offers, but either way, it has saved me a bunch. The boxes for sure I was going to buy, that socket set I was for sure going to get, the metric impact sockets and the cordless tools I was going to buy. The other stuff was kinda stragegic in a way to manipulate getting the free cash points and some stuff I really didn't need but will certainly use. So it did make me spend a bit more than I normally would have, but I got well over more than that back and put the FREE CASH towards things I was going to buy anyway. There is such a thing as saving yourself to much money, but in this case, it didn't save me to much, it just added more items that I'll actually use eventually and I have it when it need it now.

Oh and tomorrow, I'll have a little over $20 to spend on some tool item. I'll have to look around and see what else I can use. I might wait til I get another $10 or $15 FREE CASH emailed to me, then I'll have a $30-$35 item for FREE.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's all my purchases in the last 6 weeks btw. I'm not hiding a bunch of purchases that I made to acquire all those points. All those purchases there is what made up all those points and with all the FREE CASH and taking advantage of their promos, that's how I worked it out. Just saying that, so you're not thinking, ohh he must have spent a fortune to get all those points and all that **** for that cheap. Nope, that's it right there, everything I bought to get the points is all shown above and prices I paid.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nope, haven't bought many tools in a long time. It was time to get a few things I've needed for awhile. Other then my Cordless Impact wrench I bought at Sears 2 years ago, I don't recall ordering or buying anything from them until the past 5 or 6 weeks. I had outgrown my boxes, so rather than go bigger and nicer boxes that I can't afford, I just decided to add to what I already have. So I added the bottom roller and center chest, then put my top chest off the tall roller on that set up. Now the 2 ends are the same height and it looks more correct. Nice to be able to get the rest of my tools in a box and thin out several drawers that were jamb packed full. I like it already and it was alot cheaper than getting rid of what I had and buying a complete new set up. At my age, I can't justify spending $1500-$2500 on new bigger nicer boxes.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not sure how true, they claim regular price of $89.99 on sale for $35.99. I used my $15 FREE CASH coupon I got in email today. That brings it down to $20.99. Because I spent $20. I will have a $20 FREE CASH to use tomorrow up to 6 months from now in my Points FREE CASH account.

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$35.99

Points You've Redeemed-$15.38

Pre-Tax Subtotal$20.61

Sales Tax$1.78

Order Total
$22.39

You've earned= $20.21 in points on this order.
base 206 points
bonus $20.00 in points

OK, so remember the Metric Impact Sockets I bought yesterday that they claim are regular price $89.99 on sale for $35.99? I then used a $15 off FREECASH coupon that was emailed to me and got them down to $20.61 + tx for a total of $22.39.

Then the promo going, if you spent $20-$99, you got $20 in FREECASH points for the next day or later purchase. So today is the next day. I have an $8 FREECASH coupon good for $8 or more instore or online purchase including clearance items even. I'm going to combine that $8 FREECASH Coupon + my $20.21 FREECASH Points I earned yesterday for the Impact Socket purchase. I've wanted a set of these things for a long time. They come in handy working on those tight places, like replacing belts and such on FWD cars.

Regular Price Subtotal$79.99
Sale Price Savings-$50.00
Merchandise Subtotal$29.99

Shop Your Way Points Redemption

Points Redeemed
-$20.20
FREECASH in Points Redeemed
-$8.00

Sales Tax$0.15
Total Due$1.94
You saved $78.20 on this order

Hopefully you guys get it. Just sign up at sears.com and the offers start coming in via email. It's not only tools either. I got a set of 6pc set of Queen Deep Bed sheets for my $1100 mattress set due to my bad back for FREE using points and a $15 FREECASH Coupon in Bedding and Bath Dept and some earned points. It was the Deep Fitted sheet, top flat sheet and 4 queen/king size pillow cases.

Metric Kit includes 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18mm wrenches all for $1.94 Tax Included !!!

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-8-pi...SellerId=Sears&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Grab the deals while you can

Sears will be out of business in a few months
I can’t believe they’ve lasted this long

They are losing like $2 BILLION a year or something
Almost as bad as the US postal Service

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Grab the deals while you can

Sears will be out of business in a few months
I can’t believe they’ve lasted this long

They are losing like $2 BILLION a year or something
Almost as bad as the US postal Service

You don't think they'll last through 2018? I'm hoping so. If not, I hope someone at least takes over the Craftsman name. I know K-Mart and Ace Hardware carry Craftsman tools now, but I certain if Sears goes, K-Mart is going with them. Maybe Lowes or Home Depot will pick up the Craftsman brand and honor the warranties.

That FREE CASH promo stuff I'm getting all these deals from being a registered sears.com customer isn't only for tools either. I just never figured I'd buy anything else from Sears except tools.

But today was wash the bed sheets day. I only have 1 set for my deep queen mattress set since there a bit harder to find and expensive when you do find them. I happened to have gotten a $15 FREE CASH offer via email on any bedding purchase of $15 or more, even on clearance items.

Serta Essential Pillow Protector$3.99

Qty: 1

Victoria Classics Embroidered 6pc Sheet Set$12.49
  • Bed Size: Queen
  • Color Family: Tan
Qty: 1

Order Summary
Merchandise Subtotal$16.48

Additional Discount-($1.25)

Points You've Redeemed-$15.00

Pre-Tax Subtotal$0.23

Sales Tax$0.02

Order Total
$0.25

Yep, No **** !!! Got a fair quality, not high end at all, but not cheap either, 6 pc Deep Queen Set of Sheets. Flat, Fitted and 4 pillow cases, all in Micro Fibre fabric for .25 Cents tax included. Even I can afford that. So when ole girl wants to stop by and knock boots, I'll have a spare set of clean sheets to change the bed before she gets here, so she don't have to smell booty call #1 from the night before.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
ACE Hardware told me they will honor Craftsman's lifetime tool warranty and exchange for the exact thing - only what they stock.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes