Rally wheels and BF Goodrich Radial T/A's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASEmaster

Reaction score
First Name
Kennet
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi folks, new member here. I just posted about myself in the Intro section... Now I have a question.

My '86 c10 swb left the factory rolling on steel rally's and 235/75-15's. Now it has aluminum GM van wheels (I think). My current tires are shot, so it's a good time to change wheels as well. 2 questions:

1) If I'm looking for original style Rally's, I'd need a 15x8 w/ 4" back spacing, 5X5 pattern, right?

2) Those of you running stock rally's and BF Goodrich Radial T/A rubber, what size tire do you use? The catalog doesn't list the 235/75-15 size as available.

I'll attach a pic of my truck so you can see my current rims. They'll be for sale (cheap) once I have the new ones on-hand. I'm not a fan of the spinners ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 796

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's a nice rig.. That will look even better with rally rims...

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Original rallys are 15x8 with 4.25in backspace 5x5 bolt pattern and originally came with 235/75/15 tires but I think 275/60/15 would look way better.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Hi folks, new member here. I just posted about myself in the Intro section... Now I have a question.

My '86 c10 swb left the factory rolling on steel rally's and 235/75-15's. Now it has aluminum GM van wheels (I think). My current tires are shot, so it's a good time to change wheels as well. 2 questions:

1) If I'm looking for original style Rally's, I'd need a 15x8 w/ 4" back spacing, 5X5 pattern, right?

2) Those of you running stock rally's and BF Goodrich Radial T/A rubber, what size tire do you use? The catalog doesn't list the 235/75-15 size as available.

I'll attach a pic of my truck so you can see my current rims. They'll be for sale (cheap) once I have the new ones on-hand. I'm not a fan of the spinners ;)

Those aluminum wheels you have are correct for that truck too, my Burb left Flint with those.

ASEmaster

Reaction score
First Name
Kennet
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Those aluminum wheels you have are correct for that truck too, my Burb left Flint with those.

Good info, thanks. Any idea what width they are? 7.5" or 8" maybe?

On the tire size question, I think I found what I was looking for... 255/70-15 looks pretty good to my eye. I found some pics on another site of a truck identical to mine with the rally wheels and the BF Goodrich tire size I just mentioned with white letters out and in.

I'll try to post the pics...

Attachments

• 255-70-15 BFG_1.jpg
    255-70-15 BFG_1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 255-70-15 BFG_2.jpg
    255-70-15 BFG_2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,231

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Good info, thanks. Any idea what width they are? 7.5" or 8" maybe?

On the tire size question, I think I found what I was looking for... 255/70-15 looks pretty good to my eye. I found some pics on another site of a truck identical to mine with the rally wheels and the BF Goodrich tire size I just mentioned with white letters out and in.

I'll try to post the pics...

7" IIRC....8" didnt come along until the 87 k trucks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
15x8 with 255/70...

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
How much would you want for those wheels? I've been looking for a set for a while and am very interested. What kind of shape are they in?

You can keep the spinners. :p

ASEmaster

Reaction score
First Name
Kennet
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How much would you want for those wheels? I've been looking for a set for a while and am very interested. What kind of shape are they in?

You can keep the spinners. :p

The asking price may depend on whatever I end up paying for a good set of 15x8 Rallys... Honestly I haven't given it much though yet. I'd entertain any reasonable offer.

As for condition, I can say the appearance as-is on the truck is that they're in very good shape, only a few small scratches here and there. They could easily polish up very bright. The problem I have is that the lug nuts are jammed into the backplate of the stupid spinners... I can't get them off! It's going to take a huge impact or breaker bar to get them off, so I was going to wait until I have replacement wheels and tires on-hand before I get serious about removing the current wheels. Once that happens, the spinners and their backplates will all be junk.

The Dude

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10 Stepside
Engine Size
Hey There,
Those 255/70/15's are right on the money. Nice truck, those shoes will run nice.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
The asking price may depend on whatever I end up paying for a good set of 15x8 Rallys... Honestly I haven't given it much though yet. I'd entertain any reasonable offer.

As for condition, I can say the appearance as-is on the truck is that they're in very good shape, only a few small scratches here and there. They could easily polish up very bright. The problem I have is that the lug nuts are jammed into the backplate of the stupid spinners... I can't get them off! It's going to take a huge impact or breaker bar to get them off, so I was going to wait until I have replacement wheels and tires on-hand before I get serious about removing the current wheels. Once that happens, the spinners and their backplates will all be junk.

As luck would have it, I actually have a set of 15x8 Rally wheels in my attic off of my 87'. I think one might be very slightly bent, but it wasn't enough to notice/feel (tire shop mentioned it when I got new tires, but they said it wasn't bad). They would need to be repainted though, and I don't have the beauty rings (at least, I can't find them :D ) If you are interested in a trade, I can snap some pictures of them for you.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So what kind of spinners are they? I'd be interested in them if they are the type that's held on from the backside. Especially if the blades are fluted.

ASEmaster

Reaction score
First Name
Kennet
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
FOAMYPIRATE --> I could be interested in some kind of trade. Send me some pics of your Rally's if you get the chance.

Bucket--> no idea what kind of spinners they are, but here are some pics. I believe the backplate is supposed to be mounted behind and through the wheel. But my previous owner mounted them in front with the lug nuts now jammed on top of them. The flanges will likely need to be hammered flat after I get them off the truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 202

ASEmaster

Reaction score
First Name
Kennet
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Spinner backplate

...backplate pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 209

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ooohhhh.... that's a combination of parts that aren't meant to go together. The chrome centers are meant to mount behind aftermarket wheels, then the spinners screw on the end and you tighten a set screw behind one of the blades, so they don't come loose. Those domed caps are for a different set of aftermarket wheels... maybe for a set of old Welds or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76