R1Concepts Brakes 10% GMSquareBody Member Discount Code CK10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
R1Concepts Brakes 10% GMSquareBody Member Discount Code CK10

I just wanted to let the other members here know about our exclusive 10% promo code. Synthetic Motorsports offers this special promo code to our customers as a way to thank you for using us for your brake parts. Just go to the R1Concepts catalog link below and find the parts you need, if you do not see it in the catalog, send me a message, they have a lot more than just what is in the online catalog. Once you have found the parts you need, enter promo code "CK10" for an added 10% off the already low pricing in their catalog.

If anyone needs any assistance with the catalog or application specific information, feel free to post it here, a new thread in our section, or send me message and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks for giving R1Concepts brake parts a look see, click the image...

10% OFF PROMO CODE = CK10
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
How does the R1 concepts brakes compare to the Raybestos and Wagner brakes etc?

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
They offer several different brands of pads, cemi-metallic, metallic and Ceramic. I personally run the Posi Quiet pads they offer. They are a full ceramic pad that has proven themselves to me over and over. They have a design that offers low dust, noise reduction formulas, etc.

As for my personal experience, I haul Christmas trees for about 10-15 days each season with my 03 Duramax. The average weight of a load is around 35K lbs total gross. Before installing R1concepts Premium Series cross drilled and slotted rotors and Posi Quiet pads I was replacing rotors and pads after every season. I would be metal to metal after each season. The first year after installing R1's brakes, after about 6500 miles over 15 days, not only didn't I have to change them, that was two years ago and they are still on the truck. Below you can see a pic of one of my loads, and then a pic of what the rotors, etc looked like after the first season running them.

You must be registered for see images attach

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I will add this, most stuff for the square bodies may not be listed in the catalog, so if anyone would like a quote feel free to give me a shout.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Nice testimonial on the brakes, Chris!!! They look to hold up really well.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Nice testimonial on the brakes, Chris!!! They look to hold up really well.

Thank you Sir, they are actually awesome brakes. I also love the pricing. For that Dmax, normal rotors and lifetime pads at Carquest with my account were costing me around $400-500 to replace each year. Well, I spent $600 one time and haven't looked back. For that reason they have paid for themselves already.

:grd:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I didn't see a way to search other than vehicle-specific search on the site, do you carry line locks?

Also in your opinion for a mud truck I should probably only run slotted rotors right? Instead of cross-drilled?

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Thank you Sir, they are actually awesome brakes. I also love the pricing. For that Dmax, normal rotors and lifetime pads at Carquest with my account were costing me around $400-500 to replace each year. Well, I spent $600 one time and haven't looked back. For that reason they have paid for themselves already.

:grd:
Based on the info you've just given I think I know the route I'm going to go the next time I need to do a brake job on any of my vehicles! This brings a couple of questions.

1. For my '77, do they make a disc brake conversion kit for the rear (currently drums)?
2. For my Burb, do they do rear rotors as well?
3. For my 91 Caprice, do you all have kits for those?

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Most rear disk conversion kits use the disks from the front of other models and brackets to make it work so I'm sure it's possible, only problem you'll run into is the park brake issue. You either lose it completely, or have a crappy option for one.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I didn't see a way to search other than vehicle-specific search on the site, do you carry line locks?

Also in your opinion for a mud truck I should probably only run slotted rotors right? Instead of cross-drilled?

I can find you line locks through my other suppliers, R1 supplies most of the normal brake parts like rotors, pads, lines, calipers, caliper paint, etc But when a customer wants something else aftermarket I can often find it for less through my other wholesale providers. If you have a particular brand or part number you are looking into, shoot that to me and I will find it and on about 99% of anything aftermarket I can at the VERY LEAST match any online advertised pricing. Most of the time I try to beat them though. Hit me up with particulars if you are already looking for that one type of line lock, otherwise I will take a look see and get back to you with what I find.

As for the mudder, I would assume yes just because of wanting to avoid the mud packing in the holes, but then again, it would be packed everywhere else anyway, so it may be personal choice there. I can't really say for sure if there would be more than inconvenience in cleaning running the drilled and slotted as I have not run them on a mudder.

Based on the info you've just given I think I know the route I'm going to go the next time I need to do a brake job on any of my vehicles! This brings a couple of questions.

1. For my '77, do they make a disc brake conversion kit for the rear (currently drums)?

Answers:
1. I am not sure, I know I have them for later GMT400 style trucks, but I will have to double check for the 77.

2. Yes, what year burb? If it has rear rotors already, we can get those from R1, if they are rear drum then I can get a kit for it through my other suppliers to upgrade the drums to discs. IF it is a non hydro boost vehicle, we also offer the SSBC Firm Feel Master Cylinder as an upgrade and I have heard some RAVE reviews on the improved braking feel in the pedal and braking response overall from that upgrade.

3. Yes, we have rotors for the front, drums for the back, rear brake shoe adjuster replacement kits, calipers, etc, etc.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Most rear disk conversion kits use the disks from the front of other models and brackets to make it work so I'm sure it's possible, only problem you'll run into is the park brake issue. You either lose it completely, or have a crappy option for one.

We have access to the "G2" rear drum to disc conversion kits that completely replace/upgrade the parking brake set up as well. I will have to double check availability for the older models, (I have a call into my supplier now) but they are extremely good kits that eliminate the guess work of piecing together an upgrade.

Hope this helps...

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L

Also, to get a proper idea of what is available, I will need the following for the trucks.

Year, make, model, 2X or 4X, etc. As much detail as possible so that when I find the right kit, I know for a fact that it is the right fit for those applications.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I have the Offroad Design rear disk brake conversion brackets for the 14-bolt full floater rear axle on mine. Other than the brackets it uses stock 1/2 ton K10 rotors and calipers. I even used the front hoses too. But I'm interested in your options for a park brake, that's why I was asking about a line lock. Which all I was looking for was a manual lever type line lock, not an electric. Something like this... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL48010/

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I have the Offroad Design rear disk brake conversion brackets for the 14-bolt full floater rear axle on mine. Other than the brackets it uses stock 1/2 ton K10 rotors and calipers. I even used the front hoses too. But I'm interested in your options for a park brake, that's why I was asking about a line lock. Which all I was looking for was a manual lever type line lock, not an electric. Something like this... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL48010/

Honestly, I wouldn't see why you couldn't go down to the local plumbing supply and pick up an 1/8 npt valve for like $5 or so and do the same thing that the summit part does. I am not familiar with that valve, but it looks like a fairly simple and straight forward shut off valve.

As for the parking brake, let me do some checking.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Ok, I just checked into things to make sure that I wasn't getting ready to put my foot in my mouth, but here is the deal. I cannot get the rear disc upgrade kits through R1Concepts. That being said, I can get a rear disc conversion kit for anything 74 and up from SSBC. I can also work out a similar forum member discount promotion on those kits for those interested.

That being said, so that I keep requests straight, etc. Anyone with an interest in these or any other upgrades for their brakes should send me a private message with the exact details of the vehicle being upgraded so that I can get the right kit for you.

I will post something about the upgrade kits discounts within the next 48 hours as I am negotiating now for the absolute largest discount I can get so bear with me on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10