Qjet fuel drainback information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
If they replace the factory needle and seat with a windowed needle and seat it changes the game,personally It wouldn't be my choice,but they come in the kits and most people don't know the difference.

Good point, I forgot about the windowed seats.

If anyone is serious about building a Q-Jet the right way, Cliff Ruggles book should be considered required reading.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Good point, I forgot about the windowed seats.

If anyone is serious about building a Q-Jet the right way, Cliff Ruggles book should be considered required reading.
Uh oh,I was rebuilding them before Cliff Ruggles had a book. Dammit what do I do now??? JK.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Uh oh,I was rebuilding them before Cliff Ruggles had a book. Dammit what do I do now??? JK.

You don’t buy a copy, and save the books for the less knowledgeable people.

I have been building them long before the book was printed, and still learned a great deal.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds

I have been building them long before the book was printed, and still learned a great deal.

There is always someone who knows something you don’t, learn from them.

Cliff also had a Q-Jet forum, lots of very knowledgeable people there as well.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

I was just being a smart ass.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I was just being a smart ass.
So was I.

I’m thankful to learn from others and at the same time a bit concerned about the future. Let’s use a carb as an example.

It’s not too difficult to rebuild a Q-Jet or any other style carb for that matter. The difficulty comes from tuning or modifying one to do what you want it to do. People like Cliff, Gale Banks, and countless others have spent years learning all kinds of tricks and methods that’s aren’t on an instruction page.

In today’s society, that information SHOULD be easy to find. Before the internet, if you wanted to do something you have never done before, you either found someone you could learn from, look up the info in a library, or just got your hands dirty and figured it out.

There is a wealth of info that is going to quickly disappear. The problem is passing the knowledge on to someone who wants it.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe