PSP Pulley Bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So today, I noticed the PSP being noisy. I took some WD40 and sprayed behind the pulley which shut it up real quick. My question is, how long can I limp the pump with a noisy pulley bearing?

Also, how does one check fluid levels of the PSP when the AC comp is sitting right above it? Seems there is enough room to lift the cap up, but it has to be turned to one side to be freed. To me, this isn't an accurate way to measure. All I could see was a blob of oil at the base of the stick.

Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What kind of noise was it making?

Fluid level isn't actually that critical, it just needs to be somewhere around full. If it aint on the stick, fill er up.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
What kind of noise was it making?

Fluid level isn't actually that critical, it just needs to be somewhere around full. If it aint on the stick, fill er up.

Chirping sound. It cleared right up once I sprayed behind the pulley. Sound does not change when turning wheels left/right. Steering movement is smooth as silk.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Sounds like a belt. When you sprayed behind the pulley, you could have inadvertently sprayed the belt too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MenDeeZee