productive weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Talk about a productive weekend. I finally got all of the plugs installed in the valve cover and the valve cover reinstalled on the engine. What plugs might you ask? Well lets just say that living in Texas and NOT having emission testing is a good thing. I still have a pcv that i will connect, an evap canister that i'll refurbish and an egr valve that looks really pretty sitting on the side of the intake (and is frozen solid) any other pcv air lines and vacuum lines....... well they are there in spirit only. I also fixed the leak in the valve cover gasket which was interesting since when i removed the cover 1/4 of the gasket was gone! Missing! Where in the h**l did it go???? I also got the oil changed in the truck for the first time since i've owned it. I've only driven the truck maybe 10 miles so I wasn't worried about the oil......until i changed it...... the asphalt on the street in front of my house wasn't as black as what came out of the oil pan..... I also got to use a hammer to remove the oil filter....... my guess is that it was installed with a 1" impact wrench...... new oil and filter installed. I finished out the weekend by welding up the holes in the driver's floor board. I waited until dark and then threw a hallogen light under the truck. any where i could see light got welded..... if you can call what i did "welding" a 110 campbell hausfield wirefeed is what i have so its what i used. there are a few pin holes left but i did what i could. Now i get to work on replacing the transmission and replacing the harmonic balancer....... but that is for next weekend....

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub