Pro Comp or RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byco

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 Silverado
Engine Size
350tbi
Hi,

I am trying to decide for a 4in lift kit. I have an 87 k10 with lots of work on it and many leafs lost in the rear. So I want to install a kit that include the rear springs as RC does. Many comments about RC stiff ride, but it is really significant vs a Pro Comp o Rancho?

Thanks in advance for yours comments.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It really won't make that much difference. But what you can afford

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
I vote Rough Country. It seems more popular thus leading to easier to find help and parts for if needbe. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though because I have experience with neither.

Byco

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 Silverado
Engine Size
350tbi
Thanks both

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
if a soft ride is your preference go with a lift that has many leaves in the pack, if money is the deciding factor go with the cheapest you can find and deal with the harsh ride. The last lift I had was from the eighties, a Trail Master 6" on a short box GMC. It rode awesome because (or in spite of) it was a short box. I used a set of Rancho 5000 shocks. Nothing fancy. But this does not answer your question because I reused the stock springs in back with a block. Today the Tuffcountry EZ-ride and Skyjacker Soft-ride are your two choices I think for engineered soft riding, there may be others too. When I looked at the prices out of curiosity, I was left with serious sticker shock. :Insane::shocked::Whoa:

I paid eighties prices. A complete 6" Trailmaster lift (installed), 4 Rancho 5000 shocks (installed), new brake line extensions (installed), traction bars (installed), and new Mickey Thompson Tall Baja 15-15/39's (installed)- all for slightly less than $1200 (did I mention I had all this done for me?) :)

It seems insane to me now to pay for a lift that I have to install myself that costs more than the truck is worth. I had the work done in Carbondale CO. I lived in an apartment in Edwards CO at the time and had no place to work on it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76