PowerTour 2019 Square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here's one with a coyote in it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

I drive a coyote powered Mustang everyday and would not want that engine in my truck. It's crazy weak on the low end imo. I prefer more torque in a truck. I think that the hellcat is a bit much for a little pickup like that too. Now after saying all that. I wouldn't turn either down if they were offered to me and love every minute of driving them.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So the truck has probably $20K under the hood and $2K in wheels and tires, but the bumper looks like crap. Way beyond a little patina. I just don't get it. ??? :confused:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Wait I thought the new Hemi's were dual spark plug?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
So the truck has probably $20K under the hood and $2K in wheels and tires, but the bumper looks like crap. Way beyond a little patina. I just don't get it. ??? :confused:

He drug the truck out of a field or a barn an built it in like 2 months to take on power tour. They did everything but major paint an body, they did add the woodgrain an the side trim though.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
To each their own. I would have preferred to see a GM engine in it. But if that is what is readily available at the time of build, I get it. Flush firewall, painted engine compartment, and wires/cable hitting it, cutting the frame to fit the headers. If they had all the time to do the fab work and not hide/route wires/cables better. I guess I'm being nit picky.

Bad ass ride for sure, I'd drive the piss out of it. But when you rush to do a job, best to have the plan thought through first.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Hell, I was under the impression looking at it that it was all intentional.

Like a tribute to all the rusted out beaters that we're yanking out of fields, building up, and driving. Like art.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Flush firewall, painted engine compartment, and wires/cable hitting it, cutting the frame to fit the headers. If they had all the time to do the fab work and not hide/route wires/cables better. I guess I'm being nit picky.

Bad ass ride for sure, I'd drive the piss out of it. But when you rush to do a job, best to have the plan thought through first.

I didn't notice the frame cut for the headers but they sure did. Also it's cut for the alternator too. I wonder how they replaced the integrity with cutting it that deep there... More crossmembers maybe.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm no fabricator and never claimed to be one, but installing the 5.3 in my Nissan, I would have had to cut the frame for the ac compressor. I certainly wasn't going to do that and wouldn't expect someone else to. I'm proven wrong again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84