Power supply wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
hmmm I do not have voltage drop with the stock wiring.

I did how ever have the same problem and it turned out to be the ground wire to the cab fire wall was the issue. When I upgraded the ground wire and hooked it to the alt pad with the battery negative cable my voltage came back up to 14.10 inside the cab when engine is running.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yea that's why I suggested anyone considering doing this upgrade make sure all their grounds are in good condition as that could be their issue. Thanks for adding your opinion and situation.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So I tried running a wire from the batt negative to the ground distribution in the cab and nothing changed. Then I got out the multi meter and read: batt 14.11v, alt- batt supply 14.12v, power distribution block under the hood 12.56v? All numbers recorded while AC, fan, and headlights were on. Next I put a wire from the alternator- batt supply (fused inline) to the power distribution block... 13.89 volts. Good enough for me :) now the volt meter on the dash stays above 13.5. It no longer dips below 12v at lights. The fan blows allot faster even at med high speed. I left the alternator sensing wire at the back of the alt- batt connection. Hope this helps someone else.
Edit: I still have a 4 gauge wire from the alt- batt post to the positive batt terminal.

So you have a wire going from bat + to the alternator and from that same post to the junction block?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yes sir. Been meaning to update... I'm still happy with the results. After I get the CS alternator rebuild and pulley added to post in the alternator thread I'm gonna try out the relays for the headlights and maybe the Windows. Trucks a my daily.and two jobs doesn't leave much time for fun truck stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising