Power Steering Pump Brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok guys.. heres another I need help with.

I am not sure how much of this is kludged together but something is simply NOT working.

For example the bracket that attachs to my water pump kind of looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

And also uses a bracket like this to attach it to the manifold:
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae244/cometjennz/020-2.jpg

I then went and picked up a new belt for my power steering pump as the old one was far too long and now I have the proper length but now the pump is too far out.

:shrug:

What on earth is suppose to be the proper brackets for a truck to have the power steering pump attached and working properly?/

Thanks

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So once again it seems like a bunch of backyard rednecks were at play and just used whatever they could. It would appear I need the two brackets in this image to work properly... Now onto the hunt AGAIN.

Attachments

• brackets.jpg
    brackets.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,314

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
So once again it seems like a bunch of backyard rednecks were at play and just used whatever they could. It would appear I need the two brackets in this image to work properly... Now onto the hunt AGAIN.

The diagram shows the correct brackets like my 85 has. Usually people mess with them when installing headers

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sooooooooooooooooooooo... I discovered what was happening with my truck. I had to recently buy a bolt on timing pointer... So I bought this one... Well apparently with the bracket that swings like I posted above that bracket and the Moroso timing tab they interfere.

My fix for this was simply cutting the bracket apart and bolting both pieces onto the power steering pump then bolting it all together.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000