Post your toys, square or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wasn't brand bashing, just pointing it out. Besides a GM truck, I'd own a Dodge truck long before anything else.

Didn't say you were, but you know we do. Just saying, as much and often as we do, I'd own that one.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Jep, Dodge Sucks, but I'd damn sure own that one. They sucked so bad, there isn't many of those around and that is a rare truck. I'd be trying to find a standard bed for it though and get it original as possible though. We can brand bash all we want, but when comes to American Automotive History and something that old and rare, I'd have reservations for it just for the nostalgic reasons. However, I'd prefer a Dodge Lover have it.
Why thank You.
Original 318 poly head that will soon get a fuel system makeover,I gots Me a pile of them TBI systems a stacking up.:smokin:
I do have a box,fleetside abd longer than the original box.The original box was a short stepside but it was in very very very bad condition.The original owners was ranchers north of Plevna Mt.They had a "Omaha" stock rack on it,well,needless to say the floor was tromped completely out of the bed and I do`nt know what they had hooked the fenders on but they was tore and pieces missing.it was bad.
I built the flatbed and there is a set of gin poles goes with it and a 6,000 pound Belleview winch mounted behind the cab to run the poles with,it`s My scrappin rig.:rofl:
If I ever come across another stepside box the right dimensions I will grab it up.
The stainless trim on the door sides,along the fenders and across the front of the hood is a one year only,there is a guy on ebay that reconditions them stainless trim pieces,he had a set for sale,$1800.00 for a complete set less the front of the hood dodge emblem,it looked like He had done a very nice job and from the pics;almost like they came right out of the package from the factory.I do have a spare set from My donor pickup.between the two cabs I did get a fairly nice interior set of head liners,amongst other things.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
He'll be back. He's :manos: right now.

Yah, got one hand in my pants right now Animal and the other on the iPod reading your post. How's that for a pretty picture in your head? :crazy:

Only Dodges I love are the 69 Charger and late 70's trucks. Even put dumbo mirrors on one of my Ramchargers. :grd:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Yah, got one hand in my pants right now Animal and the other on the iPod reading your post. How's that for a pretty picture in your head? :crazy:

:shakehead::signs16::puke::ban::lazer:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Why thank You.
Original 318 poly head that will soon get a fuel system makeover,I gots Me a pile of them TBI systems a stacking up.:smokin:
I do have a box,fleetside abd longer than the original box.The original box was a short stepside but it was in very very very bad condition.The original owners was ranchers north of Plevna Mt.They had a "Omaha" stock rack on it,well,needless to say the floor was tromped completely out of the bed and I do`nt know what they had hooked the fenders on but they was tore and pieces missing.it was bad.
I built the flatbed and there is a set of gin poles goes with it and a 6,000 pound Belleview winch mounted behind the cab to run the poles with,it`s My scrappin rig.:rofl:
If I ever come across another stepside box the right dimensions I will grab it up.
The stainless trim on the door sides,along the fenders and across the front of the hood is a one year only,there is a guy on ebay that reconditions them stainless trim pieces,he had a set for sale,$1800.00 for a complete set less the front of the hood dodge emblem,it looked like He had done a very nice job and from the pics;almost like they came right out of the package from the factory.I do have a spare set from My donor pickup.between the two cabs I did get a fairly nice interior set of head liners,amongst other things.

Dodge's 318 is as bullet proof as Chevy's 327 and Ford's 289. That poly 318 couldn't be killed at all. Slow but sure for sure. Damn near an industrial strength motor. About like an inline 6 as far as durabilitly. Just underpowered for the large mass they were so they couldn't be killed.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Dodge's 318 is as bullet proof as Chevy's 327 and Ford's 289. That poly 318 couldn't be killed at all. Slow but sure for sure. Damn near an industrial strength motor. About like an inline 6 as far as durabilitly. Just underpowered for the large mass they were so they couldn't be killed.

318, 360 and slant six together on that note, at least I couldn't fine one I could kill or crack.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
318, 360 and slant six together on that note, at least I couldn't fine one I could kill or crack.

I never liked the 360. Stupid ass motor had different sized main journals in the crank, big small big small big... STUPID !!! And they came out OEM with a junky ass ThermoQuad Carb too.

Quit talking about fuggin Dodges and making me talk about them. Someone might think I know something about them. :slap:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I never liked the 360. Stupid ass motor had different sized main journals in the crank, big small big small big... STUPID !!! And they came out OEM with a junky ass ThermoQuad Carb too.

Quit talking about fuggin Dodges and making me talk about them. Someone might think I know something about them. :slap:

That's what I'm saying, I never had to tear one apart except for a new timing chain or cam. :roflbow:

I always swapped a qudrajet or holley onto mine. :popcorn: Except for the 2 barrel Cater carbs, i could always get those tuned in nice. :)

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Yea, we have a few of those thermo-quads in our scrap pile also. Pos plastic middle sections and all.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I thought about picking up a crank.rods from a 360,turning the crank to 318 standard and stroking that 318.
I have got a complete setup to TBI the 318,I will be ordering the VSS to run off the speedo gear and still be able to hook the speedo cable to the transfer case.
Another one of My "SomeDay Projects" and My Youngest BoyChild asks Me "Dad,How many of those "SomeDay Projects" do You Need anyways"????:argue::jester:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think someone should fire up a "SomeDay Projects" thread but pics. have to be included to make it legal and to give us something to talk about,it just seems soooo dead in this forum.:sleepy10::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
I hope You guys know that I am making a joke here.LOL

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
But not about the "SomeDay Projects"thread.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think someone should fire up a "SomeDay Projects" thread but pics. have to be included to make it legal and to give us something to talk about,it just seems soooo dead in this forum.:sleepy10::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
I hope You guys know that I am making a joke here.LOL

:happy175: Look at my Siggy, I have 4 Someday Projects listed. They've been someday projects for close to 3 years now.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:happy175: Look at my Siggy, I have 4 Someday Projects listed. They've been someday projects for close to 3 years now.

Oh Good,a man has to have something to keep the mind occupied.
I have a 3.8 turboed Buick enjun been hanging on the stand for about 12 years now,wanting to stick it into a 72 MG-B thats been setting in the yard for about that long toooo.LOLOLOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gage T