Possible? Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Next time I pull the engine I want it to be easier to do. Maybe even pull the trans out with it. Basically I want to remove the radiator support and radiator...... I can see its spot welded but theres also bolts. Could I drill out the spot welds and remove it and bolt it back in? I dont see why not and has anyone done this before?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The radiator support unbolts from the frame, fenders and fenderwells, no drilling required. It may actually be easier to unbolt the fenders from the cab, and unbolt the radiator support from the frame, unhook everything that needs unhooked, close the hood and lift the whole she-bang off at once. This will give you room to fiddle with the exhaust, plugs, motor mounts, etc. Of course this depends on how your hood hinges are mounted, I've only delt with pre-85.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
The radiator support unbolts from the frame, fenders and fenderwells, no drilling required. It may actually be easier to unbolt the fenders from the cab, and unbolt the radiator support from the frame, unhook everything that needs unhooked, close the hood and lift the whole she-bang off at once. This will give you room to fiddle with the exhaust, plugs, motor mounts, etc. Of course this depends on how your hood hinges are mounted, I've only delt with pre-85.

Mine go into the cab of the truck. I could still unbolt the fenders and everything else and take that off as one piece. I didnt know it all came off cause it looks like its all connected up front. Guess Ill have to look closer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare