por15 good or bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Pretty sure the mods closed the thread so nooone could post on it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
for a while, it looked like they would open it briefly on the anniversary of the event.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've seen where others have had real good success with these products. I've had good results with the PPG Metal Cleaner as a prep for paint. I forget now what I used that on, but I remember it turned out awesome. The Purple Power DeRuster and the Jasco Prep I've seen others comments on the internet, so you know that makes it true. The Jasco Prep is pretty cheap in comparison and worked as an alternative for prepping for POR15. I have not tried it yet, but I did buy it at Lowes. IIRC, it was like $8 for the quart. If anyone else has had success or failure with alternative prep products, let us all know. Some of us have to save where we can without taking shortcuts and having a nasty result.

Attachments

• BumperPadsSquare 002.jpg
    BumperPadsSquare 002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 127

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Check this out, I looked up Jasco Prep and Prime at Lowe's. It's on sale for $1.74 a bottle. Reading the reviews, it seems to work identical to what 1low was saying about his POR15 Prep. Spray it on, rinse it off the next morning, and it leaves a white powdery residue. I think I'm going to stock up and buy about 4 more bottles of this. I know I paid $7 or $8 for a quart of it. I'm going to try it out on one of these skid plates I posted recently.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Jasco-Prep-and-Primer-1-Qt/3586944

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt