Pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXVeteran898

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Im swaping out the granny 4 speed for auto and i was curious if i need to swap out the pedals to a set out of a auto truck?

Thanks

jr4450

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-5
Engine Size
5.7 V8 TBI
you trans doesnt care what your actual pedals are, you just have to have the right length, all you can do is mount the auto in and see if they will clear, if not i recommend going to a junk yard and pulling the lengths out of an old auto. your pedals do not go to your trans, just near it so clearance is the only issue, but you should be fine i have never heard of problems with it. Also when you drop your clutch and clutch pedal make sure you cover the hole with sheet metal, thats not something to skimp on i have seen a stick go through bondo in a floor board.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The auto doesn't care if there's still a clutch pedal in the truck. If it doesn't bother you that it's there, just leave it be. Otherwise you can remove the brake/clutch pedal assembly and replace it with an auto pedal assembly from another truck. Then you can save or sell the stock pedal assembly.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
The auto doesn't care if there's still a clutch pedal in the truck. If it doesn't bother you that it's there, just leave it be. Otherwise you can remove the brake/clutch pedal assembly and replace it with an auto pedal assembly from another truck. Then you can save or sell the stock pedal assembly.

notice he said save or sell... the 85+ hydraulic clutch setups are a tough to find setup. i always check every 85+ square i see in the junkyard for these pedals, and the bellhousing.

Onestack

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Would you be willing to sell the hydro clutch pedal set up? I'm in the middle of putting a NV4500 in my 79 GMC. The last piece of my puzzle I am piecing together is the pedal assembly. Thanks

Thunder Bay

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hydro Set Up

I would be happy to purchase your existing clutch pedal assembly, master, slave and resevoir. I have the Auto brake set up too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
DAMN, Guess that puts me at the end of the line. I know next time I find Hydro clutch pedal assembly, I'm jumping all the fugg over it. IF you can find it on ebay, hold on tight to you ass cheeks and pucker up your spincter real good cuz they don't go for cheap.

I've thought of running an ad on CL offering to trade auto parts for manual parts to see if I'd get any offers. I"d like to even swap steering columns and have it done OE correct when I do mine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn...I see them every so often at the wrench-a-part...

Take a look on eBay what they sell for. They aren't the fastest movers but they do sell and I've seen them range from $100 + shipping to $200 Free Shipping. I believe the whole set up here at our PAP is like $22.50 + tax for the brake and clutch pedal on the hanger assembly.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
$18 at the most for a set. Phuck...I am getting the set I know is in a crew cab down there now.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
$18 at the most for a set. Phuck...I am getting the set I know is in a crew cab down there now.

I'd imagine Hydro would probably sell faster since Hydro is what is preferred by wheelers and mudders. Rock Crawlers are into Automatics so don't target them for clutch pedals. Drag racers would want Z bar manual pedals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1