Pedal Return Spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79ramp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Does anyone know where I can find a pedal return spring for my hydroboost brake pedal? I checked the hardware store and they did not have anything that was close enough. I have been keeping an eye out in junk yards but no luck so far.

How necessary is the spring anyway? I know I have a leak in my lines from an improper flare so that may be why the pedal is not returning. Has anyone run a hydroboost system with no pedal return spring? Does it return fully like it should?

This is on my '79 C30.

burb1085

Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Try classic industrie. They usually have some of the harder to find stuff.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Does anyone know where I can find a pedal return spring for my hydroboost brake pedal? I checked the hardware store and they did not have anything that was close enough. I have been keeping an eye out in junk yards but no luck so far.

How necessary is the spring anyway? I know I have a leak in my lines from an improper flare so that may be why the pedal is not returning. Has anyone run a hydroboost system with no pedal return spring? Does it return fully like it should?

This is on my '79 C30.

I didn't think a "return spring" was even used with the hydro-boost brake system. Where would it be located? Here is the applicable dwg/parts list:

You must be registered for see images attach

79ramp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I didn't think a "return spring" was even used with the hydro-boost brake system. Where would it be located? Here is the applicable dwg/parts list:

That diagram helps, it is part #48. Guess it's called a pull back spring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1