Peanut port heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I had a quick question, peanut port heads or oval on the intake side right? I would pull mine apart but really don't feel like tearing into the engine.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
What are you asking for? Peanut/oval port is referring to the shape of the intake ports on a big block. Smaller peanuts (high velocity/hight torque) and larger oval ports (lower velocity/higher hp). Is that what you were looking for?

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I guess I wasn't the clearest. I'm wanting to run an edelbrock pro-flo 2 on my 454 and it says it's an oval port inlet for the holes. I was curious if they would work on a peanut port head.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
If my memory serves me right.

I think the oval port intake will fit on the peanut heads but not the other way around.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I think the oval port intake will fit on the peanut heads but not the other way around.

Pretty sure this is correct. I did a lot of research on intake/head combos for power a year ago and if memoy serves then an oval port intake will work on peanut heads. One thing to remember though, if that intake is a huge single plane designed for racing, all you will do is ruin your power curve. If you are using stock peanut heads then you are going to want a COMPLIMENTARY intake manifold. Get a big single plane and watch your torque go bye bye!

Edit: I see that what you are looking at is a multi-port fuel injection system. That may respond better with what looks to be a BIG single plane intake, but I would call up edelbrock or even summit first and talk about it. Thats a lot of cash for something that may hurt your performance...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman