Parting out 85 K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
do you have the brackets that hold the gas tank? (not the straps) and how much if you do. shipping would be to 43612...thanks!

I will have to check to see if there usable. Normally I would just leave them all on the tanks, but I will check on them and let you know how much shipping would be. I would guess it would be 35-40 with shipping, but that is just a guess.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Ahh fugg that. I hope to hell you you at least took a battery to see to see of the motor cranked, or grabbed the balancer and made sure the motor turned over. Taking the carb off and have it sit for how long??? Just for gp, I'd be pouring a ltitle diesel down the intke in all direction of the runners. Let it sit a bit. You need fo find a carb and get it fired up. Noone in their right mind is gonna give you $500 for a motor they don't get to hear run, and at least see an oil pressure guage. :shitsweak:

WTF kind of post is that? I could have swarn i told you when I talked to you on the phone it needs a starter and a carb, and I am GOING to get it firied up before I sell it.:flipthebird:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
WTF kind of post is that? I could have swarn i told you when I talked to you on the phone it needs a starter and a carb, and I am GOING to get it firied up before I sell it.:flipthebird:

You'll have to forgive him, since he's going senile and all :rofl:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
79 SM6465 Sold Pending pick up
79 NP205 Sold Pending Pick up
85 NP208 Sold Pending pick up

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have you pulled the bellhousing yet? I didn't mess with figuring out shipping. My mechanical bell is under the hood of an empty Camaro body along with a bunch of other motor/diff parts, and the car is nosed up against the inside corner wall of the pole barn.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Bummer mine starting squirting gas out of the accelartor pump and runnin like CRAP lol. I have an Edlebrock intake for it not sure if i should rebuild the Q-Jet or stick the intake on it and run a Holley

Qjet best bet.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Have you pulled the bellhousing yet? I didn't mess with figuring out shipping. My mechanical bell is under the hood of an empty Camaro body along with a bunch of other motor/diff parts, and the car is nosed up against the inside corner wall of the pole barn.

not yet, it will be pulled out tommorow

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

You did, but you didn't tell they were missing. Biggo difference. I just thought it idled like hell, or starter made racket and you were replacing those to make it sound good. :flipthebird: But, my main concren now, is to make sure no moisture got down the intake. Hell, mice could have got down the intake and if found a full open valve, dropped **** and nesting materials down in the cylinders. Ilm always concerned when a carb is missing. Friggin mud dobbers will even get down in the cylinders and bring mud into a cylinder.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
You did, but you didn't tell they were missing. Biggo difference. I just thought it idled like hell, or starter made racket and you were replacing those to make it sound good. :flipthebird: But, my main concren now, is to make sure no moisture got down the intake. Hell, mice could have got down the intake and if found a full open valve, dropped **** and nesting materials down in the cylinders. Ilm always concerned when a carb is missing. Friggin mud dobbers will even get down in the cylinders and bring mud into a cylinder.

Assumtion is the mother of all evils. you didnt ask if the intake was covered. I assure you there is nothing in the motor, the intake was covered and the hood was closed. and Like I said I am NOT going to sell the motor UNTIL i do get a chance to get it firied up. OR I will sell it with the option to bring it back if in the event it is not any good.

I am usually a pretty good judge of character and honestly I am not worried in the least bit about the seller i bought it from.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Assumtion is the mother of all evils. you didnt ask if the intake was covered. I assure you there is nothing in the motor, the intake was covered and the hood was closed. and Like I said I am NOT going to sell the motor UNTIL i do get a chance to get it firied up. OR I will sell it with the option to bring it back if in the event it is not any good.

I am usually a pretty good judge of character and honestly I am not worried in the least bit about the seller i bought it from.

If the intake was covered, or had rags stuffed in it, then all shold be good. But, just so everyone knows, just cuz a hood is shut, if carb is off, don't assume it's a good motor. I've seen 2 motors go junk without a carb, 1 from mice, and another from mud dobbers. Guess I shouldn't say junk for sure. But they took major work, like taking off the heads, and not knowing of the damage in the cylinders, then getting it crank over after soaking in diesel, the junk in the cylinder put some good gouges in the wall. They were honed and rerung and made usuable again. Also if sitting in your garage, not likley to get the varmits, but if sitting out in a fiield with no carb.... seen it twice. Just a heads up. So if you're out buying one and its setting out in a pasture...and be cautious the seller didn't just put rags in it before you got there.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I like that a/c system, if I had the extra scratch I would get it off ya. Maybe if you still got it when the property gets settled. :waytogo:

ksambs327

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7L/350
Do you have the speedometer gear reducer that threads to the T-case?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Do you have the speedometer gear reducer that threads to the T-case?

Just to verify and be certain, What Tcase do you have? It's probably going to be the same one for a Th400/Th350 in the large. Not the small 7/8in hole but the bigger one. Same part, same retainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising