Painting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
As the summer comes up I plan to paint my truck with the help from some friends and the autobody shop for help if needed. Sanding will begin after schools done and the new bed sides are in. I'm wondering what would be the best approach for paint the back of cab and the front of the bed. Should I paint them while there exposed and leave them. Or get them when exposed then get them again once all the panels are aligned so the paint color blends? The color hasn't been picked yet but I think it'll either be a glossy black or a blue. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
I'd paint them first and then put the bed on the truck. Then paint the rest of the truck. Them more assembly and disassembly the more chances of scratching something. You don't really see those panels very well anyway so as long as it's close I wouldn't worry about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AzLuke