Paint quantity and type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Ya I agree. Like I said he probably put 8 coats on.
I’ll look into Tamco.
Interested in waterborne but I’ll be painting in cold and humid. So probably not the best option if I want to get er done once.
Not sold on PPG by any means other than I know it’s quality.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
My vote goes to Tamco, I am anything but a professional painter (booth is a tarp in the driveway). I have had great luck with their Truck Chassis paint, HP-711 High build epoxy, HP-5311, MonoCoat.

Will be using their products for when I do the body color too. Can't beat their customer service either, Tammy goes above and beyond on making things right and helping everyone find what they need. Had a order with a jar of gold flake that the shipper had destroyed in transit and before I even saw on the tracking that it was damaged by the carrier, Tammy already was preparing to send out the replacement.

Both their 711 and 5311 high building products work great for high building or to be reduced down as a sealer, high solids, great coverage, great price.

HP-711 High building epoxy on my cab
You must be registered for see images attach

DTM truck chassis paint
You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m leaning towards Tamco for sure. Not one to believe internet reviews so much but if Tamco is not full of ish about their quality components, and the personalized almost crude sounding product descriptions and instructions sound like someone who takes pride in their product, then their products seem like great bang for the buck.
Plus adding up everything I would need, it’s under $1000 for everything and then some.
Seems like an old fashioned business built around quality Products and customer service.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for the pics lego. Looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads