Over a Year and still not done:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
also, I don't know how to up people's rep, but Jerry from NH, you are brilliant sir. I have seen many of your threads and you are a wealth of knowledge.

To add Reps to a members post, Go all the way to the left under the persons name of the Post you want to rep up. You see their Avatar, their name, location and all that. At the bottom of the same block, you see small icons like the scale, the computer screen etc, Hit the WHITE SCALE icon, and a Rep Box comes up with I approve or I disapprove and space for you to leave a words.

We don't agree with Negative Reps here. If you don't have something good to say about someone, just don't say it and ignore them. But, we do like giving Kudos when we can.

Chegny isn't here daily and he comes and goes in spirts. We certainly value when he can find the time to drop in and help out. He might very well be #1 on reps if he was here often, but I think Retro is #1 on Reps. Haven't looked but he should be, for all the work in the Squarebody Library.

Bad thing about the Library, Retro Closes those threads so they don't get riddled with ******** since they are intended for reference purposes only, therefore, with closed threads, he doesn't get the recognition he should. Mega time is and has been put into the Library. 90% by Retro and the other 10% by other members like 89S and myself and forgive me if I didn't mention someone else who has added to the Library.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the pic

Thanks so much for the pic! I feel so much better. I am going to try and upload a pic of mine. I have identified the correct wire. It may have been purple at one time but it looks brown to me now. The top wire is the red wire which I have running to the big positive on the starter, the next wire is light brown or tan and I have it running to the distributor. That third wire which looked brownish to me is what I have now running to the s terminal on the starter. I think it is right. Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 86

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like my picture loaded upside down

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
It may have been purple at one time but it looks brown to me now.

Consider yourself lucky - I'm what they call "red/green color deficient". Which means I'm basically color blind.

When doing wiring, if it isn't blue, yellow, black or white - I have to ask one of the kids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486