OPTIONS for bench seat and carpet -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Had an old interior guy tell me that good old RIT dye works really well on carpets, Go to the store, pick your color, take it home mix with water and use a Harbor Freight foam paint brush for an applicator. Dries quite a bit "softer" than the spray can stuff and doesn't "dust" off.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
thread takeover!
sound deadening mat for the win!

;)

You must be registered for see images attach
But as for me I saved a dollar...and won. Lol

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
JMO, but you said the truck is in really good shape. my less you’re looking for a bargain priced functional seat for a for a beater daily driver, newer seats look out of place.
Don’t let the $1000 seat guy scare you off. Hell, you can buy a new bottom cushion and OE style seat cover of your choice for about half that. And that’s the max you’d need to spend.
I’ll be spending about $300-350 on mine at a local upholstery guy for whatever foam and spring repairs are needed and a hand stitched new cover basically whatever I want.
Have to find the right guy, most are close to double that around here but still not $1000.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
JMO, but you said the truck is in really good shape. my less you’re looking for a bargain priced functional seat for a for a beater daily driver, newer seats look out of place.
Don’t let the $1000 seat guy scare you off. Hell, you can buy a new bottom cushion and OE style seat cover of your choice for about half that. And that’s the max you’d need to spend.
I’ll be spending about $300-350 on mine at a local upholstery guy for whatever foam and spring repairs are needed and a hand stitched new cover basically whatever I want.
Have to find the right guy, most are close to double that around here but still not $1000.
My upholstery man charged me $350 to do my factory bench and he retired.He was cheaper than anyone around.Some places wanted as high as $750.

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
Don’t let the $1000 seat guy scare you off.

I called 4 upholstry shops today. $1,200 to $1,500 - each shop all about the same. Crazy nuts. Im not cheap, but I like my stuff right. So I got to looking - found...LMC has that split bucket bench for $1,200 - I would need to see it in a square body for sure. I like the look of the bench seat - I just want something to 'hold' me in better.

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
Hey we cant all be right. Youll get there. IM not judging,LOL

Now those aftermarket lmc seats with the low back and center console....damn good looking. Ive seen the dark brown leather version in person and oh my!

you wouldn't happen to have a picture of them in the square body would ya?? I'm considering going this route. BUT - I just gotta see them in a truck. ya know??

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
you wouldn't happen to have a picture of them in the square body would ya?? I'm considering going this route. BUT - I just gotta see them in a truck. ya know??
No sir i do not...However I found dozens on google in 2 seconds. Look for TMI products or lmc squarebody seats and then hit the image tab

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
My upholstery man charged me $350 to do my factory bench and he retired.He was cheaper than anyone around.Some places wanted as high as $750.

WE literally have a "little Vietnamese lady" in Birmingham thats been in business since the 90s doing seats for sema and world of wheels cars. Charges $350 a set of buckets or $250 a bench+ materials. No one ever remembers her name or business name but she exists I promise. I had a pair of bmw e30 buckets done in 2009 by her and they were perfect. I dont think she has went up on price since the 90s. Of course that was 11+ years ago. She might not be around anymore.
There are 20 (i counted) upholstery shops listed within 10 miles of me and 8 more within 20 miles....what gives.
@Jwernatl you are only an hour and a half from me if you dont have any luck in ATL( which im sure you could). We are bleeding upholsterers in BHam so I can only assume the competition has driven the price down. may be cheaper in a hole like bham since hotlanta is taking all our real high dollar auto professionals. There isnt a scene here to feed them,LOL

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
@Jwernatl you are only an hour and a half from me if you dont have any luck in ATL( which im sure you could). We are bleeding upholsterers in BHam so I can only assume the competition has driven the price down. may be cheaper in a hole like bham since hotlanta is taking all our real high dollar auto professionals. There isnt a scene here to feed them,LOL[/QUOTE]

Octane. I just tried 3 more - each and all said $1200 + -- it's nuts! -URGHHHHH

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Good upholstery is not cheap! I just spent $1000 on covering a dash, two door panels, 2 visors and 2 headrests.
I don't even remember what I paid a year ago to have some from a company, that I don't even remember the name, cover the 40/20/40 seat.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I called 4 upholstry shops today. $1,200 to $1,500 - each shop all about the same. Crazy nuts. Im not cheap, but I like my stuff right. So I got to looking - found...LMC has that split bucket bench for $1,200 - I would need to see it in a square body for sure. I like the look of the bench seat - I just want something to 'hold' me in better.
Google the seats and choose images or maybe call or email LMC and ask if they have any pics of them in a truck or a customer's truck

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@Jwernatl you are only an hour and a half from me if you dont have any luck in ATL( which im sure you could). We are bleeding upholsterers in BHam so I can only assume the competition has driven the price down. may be cheaper in a hole like bham since hotlanta is taking all our real high dollar auto professionals. There isnt a scene here to feed them,LOL

Octane. I just tried 3 more - each and all said $1200 + -- it's nuts! -URGHHHHH[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you need to find out who that lady is, and I would drive the hour and a half one afternoon and drop it off to get it done in birmingham! Heck I have to drive an hour to go to some stores anyway, not that much farther to this shop...if still in business.

Heck it's takes over an hour to get from one side of Atlanta to the other.

Last edited:

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Sounds like you need to find out who that lady is, and I would drive the hour and a half one afternoon and drop it off to get it done in birmingham! Heck I have to drive an hour to go to some stores anyway, not that much farther to this shop...if still in business.

Heck it's takes over an hour to get from one side of Atlanta to the other.[/QUOTE]

IM not octane but I can call a few places for yoo....IM @Swearbody(guy in bham) ( you've been responding to me as octane for some reason<LOL)
Its Saturday so give me til Tuesday and ill have made the calls.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc

Heck it's takes over an hour to get from one side of Atlanta to the other.[/QUOTE]

Stewarts hot rod upholstery will install a cover/foam kit if you find it for $125ish. He suggest buying the foam and cover and says that old foam ends up as old looking seats regardless of what is done. He seemed pretty knowledgeable. Has a shop full of hot rods and is semi retired but agreed to do the work.
he is busy and getting ready for the "bike seat" rush as he said so you would have to get it to him within the month.
His normal custom bench seats are 1200 like everyone else, However he isnt opposed to installing an aftermarket cover kit like many other upholsterers.

Thats three calls to who was open today. Ill make the 20 or so more monday and get back to you but for 125 labor....id be looking for an aftermarket seat cover kit.
You are looking at about $350 for cushions and another $250 for velour from lmc. Dont even bother with Brothers...same **** is $480 and $350

Ecklers has top and bottom foam in one piece for around $200 but no covers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sBurb