Oldsmobile Motor Mount Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Good Morning Everyone. Are there different locations on the engine cradle for the motor mounts? I'm swapping an Olds motor into my 74. I'm using the trans am mounts on the block so I can use the clamshell frame mounts. Does the Olds motor sit in the same place the 350 was? Sorry if I missed this in my search.

Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't think it would use the same holes. I know on the F-body subframe, there is a couple sets of holes to accommodate both engine families.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Good Morning Everyone. Are there different locations on the engine cradle for the motor mounts? I'm swapping an Olds motor into my 74. I'm using the trans am mounts on the block so I can use the clamshell frame mounts. Does the Olds motor sit in the same place the 350 was? Sorry if I missed this in my search.

Thanks
only if you use the strong 260.
joking lol, the square bodies have, up to 80 i believe, at least that far(no idea furhter) 2 sets of holes in the frames to.. im not sure what they are for difference wise actually, but an olds 350 diesel sat in a truck on OE parts and I want to say i recall reading an OE fitment of SBC parts in some fashion

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I don't think it would use the same holes. I know on the F-body subframe, there is a couple sets of holes to accommodate both engine families.
does it have to do with BOP/Chevy trans? move the whole thing a lil to clear the firewall(i dont know how its different) or i recall a BOP had a longer tailshaft?

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
I know the F and A body cradles had different holes for different engine placement. The last motor this thing has was the Chevy 267 which is understand is about the same level as the Olds 260. I know the diesels had different mounts so we need someone who has access to one to see if the mounts are in same place as SBC. I'm installing an Olds 330 with Holley EFI and a 2004R and upgrading rear to posi. I have a bare block I'll be using for mock up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes