Oil, Filters, and Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Exactly diesel vs non diesel 15-40 is irrelevant to the conversation of heavier weight oil in a well used engine! lol If anything diesel would be the better choice lol

And exactly what I was saying that regular oil changes will do the most for maintaining engines. Including filter changes for obvious reasons.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
so the what about the 30,000 miles i have on my motorcycle running Rotella t6?? am I doomed :angels2:

look at the API label on diesel oils, most of them are lagging behind on current API standards, which is perfect for an older gasoline engine. my motorcycle calls for SF/SG/SH as the newest standard, that was 20+ years ago. current standard is SN. T6 I believe was reformulated a year or so ago and I have quit using it (SM standard now IIRC) before it was SJ.

I think you misunderstood my comment.

My comment is that a well used engine should be rebuilt prior to running every last bit of life out of it. I really have no care what viscosity you are running in your motorcycle. Because that's not what I was getting at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB