Oh No...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Not another "Whats it worth" thread. Unfortunately, yea. I have a friend who has a 85 Chevy SWB. He is wanting to sell it, and it unsure what to ask. He has been doing work on it, and has either run out or time, money, or patience. The front clip is off, and no engine, tranny, or t-case. I don't think. I know for sure the engine is not there. He has an extra set of axles, the original front clip, along with a mini quad front clip he was going to put on. He was planning on putting dual shocks on it, so he has the frame brackets to make that work. Good 33 inch tires, think they are BFG all terrains. Also has some misc extra parts, not sure exactly what all he has. I told him I would do some research and see what I could come up with price wise for him. Oh, it has minimal rust also. Overall, its a pretty straight old truck. Hopefully the gurus here can help me help him out. Thanks

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
A picture is worth a thousand words, my friend. I know you want answers, though. I saw an '85 C10 with no engine or tranny on the Baton Rouge Craigslist for 1500, and I thought that the guy was sort of in the ballpark. With the one I saw, if the body and frame are solid, and there's a workable interior, and I wanted to buy that truck, I'd offer the guy 850. If he wanted more, I wouldn't go over 950. You have to think about what someone is going to have to put in it to make the truck viable and roadworthy. However, the truck I saw wasn't eye catchingly beautiful or anything. If he had a really great truck with a lot of goodies to go with it, maybe a grand? People are gonna have different plans and visions for their trucks so their budgets are gonna be different.

Last edited:

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
yea, I thought of that. going by his place tomorrow after work, ill take a few then.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
To me, a pile of misc part's is what I see that as. Maybe they're good, maybe they aren't, maybe they're missing. It's worth 500 bucks to me, sounds like a real headache.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmballow02