OEM Fan for 5.7 k10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 85 k10 5.7 currently has a flex fan and it’s insanely loud and I’m sure it’s stealing a little power. Wanting to see what yalls stock fan shape is. I don’t have a/c but will be wanting to add it back. Not sure if that makes a difference. I’ve see 3 blade and 5 blades. Thanks!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 85 k10 5.7 currently has a flex fan and it’s insanely loud and I’m sure it’s stealing a little power. Wanting to see what yalls stock fan shape is. I don’t have a/c but will be wanting to add it back. Not sure if that makes a difference. I’ve see 3 blade and 5 blades. Thanks!
I had the same setup. A few years ago I went back to a clutch fan setup with OE 5 blade. Pulled it out of the junk yard. My engine sounded like a jet engine when I was in high rpm and slow speed when I was towing.

Plus when cruising at 60-65 mph that thing does not need to be going the same speed as the engine with all that air movement across the radiator.

I can take a pic of my fan of you want but it's just a 5 blade radiator fan? Nothing special about the way it looks.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had the same setup. A few years ago I went back to a clutch fan setup with OE 5 blade. Pulled it out of the junk yard. My engine sounded like a jet engine when I was in high rpm and slow speed when I was towing.

Plus when cruising at 60-65 mph that thing does not need to be going the same speed as the engine with all that air movement across the radiator.

I can take a pic of my fan of you want but it's just a 5 blade radiator fan? Nothing special about the way it looks.

Yeah, if you don’t mind I’d like to see it! Thanks

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I have factory HD cooling and I think the stock fan is a 6 or 7 blade metal fan and one piece shroud. I added a severe duty fan clutch when the old one went bad, and now have an aluminum Champion radiator from Jegs. It really works well, even when the A/C is putting a load on the system.

I think LMC may sell OEM design metal fans. They probably aren’t the cheapest source, but they usually have what you need. For the fan clutch you can get it from Autozone, etc.

Bruce

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah, if you don’t mind I’d like to see it! Thanks
I'll try to remember it today. And it could be six blade or whatever the other guy said they were, I am not sure really. I do know it's a factory fan off a V8 square body.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
You must be registered for see images attach

7 blade set up

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got just the fan for you then listed in the For Sale section.:cheers:

You must be registered for see images attach
The thing is, he has the later model c10 and mine is an 85. Idk for sure if the water pump bolt alignment is the same

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
The thing is, he has the later model c10 and mine is an 85. Idk for sure if the water pump bolt alignment is the same

Well, this fan came off an 85. Hole spacing is 1 1/2" hole to hole and 2 1/8" diagonally. All measurements are center to center of hole. Fan measures just a bit over 19" diameter. Has already been cleaned and painted. Original GM fan, not a china virus knockoff. There it is! 70.00 bucks shipped!:cheers:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, this fan came off an 85. Hole spacing is 1 1/2" hole to hole and 2 1/8" diagonally. All measurements are center to center of hole. Fan measures just a bit over 19" diameter. Has already been cleaned and painted. Original GM fan, not a china virus knockoff. There it is! 70.00 bucks shipped!:cheers:
That's a very fair price. Has the clutch on it too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87ScottW