NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
the easy way to do it would be to use your exsisting bellhousing anf fork setup. The NV4500 should bolt up to your bellhousing, might I suggest measuring the overall length of your transmission and comparing it to the 4500 Drive sahft lengths will most likely be different.

TXVeteran898

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not worried about the driveshafts if i have to get it shortened for the longer tranny thats fine. Just sick of not having overdrive. Drive the truck pretty much daily and not having od on the freeway SUCKS!!!!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Not worried about the driveshafts if i have to get it shortened for the longer tranny thats fine. Just sick of not having overdrive. Drive the truck pretty much daily and not having od on the freeway SUCKS!!!!

dont blame you, either way the NV4500 is WELL WORTH $250.00. Ide jump all over it, you may even be able to sell the SM465 thats in your truck now for $100.00.

Also it would be worth checking into getting the Driveshaft from a GMT400 (88-98 chevy 2wd RCLB truck). It will most likely be the driveshaft that you will need, and probably be quite abit cheaper then having your shortened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne