NV3500 Slave cylinder line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350chevy85

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
v20
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hey all i just swapped my sm465 for a nv3500 for the overdrive and am having trouble figuring out how to rig up the hydro line to the slave cylinder. I have the quick connect from the original truck the nv3500 came out off but it doesnt have a thread end to thread into my master cylinder and havent really found anyway to put the two together besides possibly putting a section of brake line into the plastic section of piping to get the connection i need to the master cylinder. If anyone has figured out a way to make this work i'd be grateful to know

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am in the middle of this

my 3500 is a 2006 with the internal slave,

you can remove the line from the slave cylinder by driving out the roll pin

I took it and the factory master cylinder to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses and had them make up something

they cut the factory quick disconnect off and welding a threaded fitting to it, then made a hose to hook to that on one end and the MC on the other end

$40

the quick connect is aluminum, but the part from there to the slave is steel and can be welded.

make sure you remove the o ring before they weld on it.

howd you hook up the MC pushrod to the pedal?

and where, exactly?

82ChevroletK20

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey all i just swapped my sm465 for a nv3500 for the overdrive and am having trouble figuring out how to rig up the hydro line to the slave cylinder. I have the quick connect from the original truck the nv3500 came out off but it doesnt have a thread end to thread into my master cylinder and havent really found anyway to put the two together besides possibly putting a section of brake line into the plastic section of piping to get the connection i need to the master cylinder. If anyone has figured out a way to make this work i'd be grateful to know

Hey guy just wondering were you using the original master off of your truck or the master that came factory with the trans

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I used the 87 Chevy master
With a Honda or Mazda holding tank