No spark issue and needing help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
0* base timing is what my year calls for, could be totally different on an earlier non-TBI produced motor.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It's running! I feel like a moron. The issue the 2 wire plug from the coil to the module. 1 of the pins was pushed back just enough that it wouldn't connect. Thanks for all the help. I may not be out of the woods yet with this truck but now I can at least push forward. Thanks again

Hell of a job tracking that down, that's like finding a needle in a hay field.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Balancer looks good. This motor is a little older than the truck. I had no idea there were multiple locations for the tab. I think you're correct on it being the wrong one. The truck is an 87. From my research the timing tab should be more towards the top which is where it's at with my timing light. Hoping for a test drive later today! Thanks a million for all the help and input from everyone!

The degrees noted below refer to the position of the timing mark in relation to the original mark (the pre- 1969 position). With that earliest design the mark was lined up with the keyway in the inner hub.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77