No spark (got it running)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
okay, this truck 1978 G20 has been setting for at least 10 yrs. was running when parked ( for what that’s worth). I’m not getting spark when I take plug wire off cap and use screwdriver from wire to cap turn over no spark. The wire to the dist. Comes from the battery if I have power there then it would be the coil pack on top of the dist. Then work from there. Right,

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
It’s most likely that it’s the ignition module so I’d take that into town to be tested. It could also be the ignition coil or the pickup coil, which you can test those with a DVM. I’ve noticed that the GM ignition coils can get dead spots in the high energy terminal, but they’ll still work. That one is probably the least likely.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ok I had a distributor out of a 85 c10 I swapped out and a quart of transmission fluid and it’s ALIVE and running quite well drove it around the yard not enough to go through the gears but it’s a work in progress we will see what tomorrow will bring. Thanks for all the help
:cheers: