No power to power windows and Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right section...

I've got an 85 K10 that I've been working on. It had been sitting for several years so I've run into a few problems...

1) I don't have power to the power window switches, and I don't have power to the pwr window wire on the fuse box. But I do have power to the locks.

Where should I start checking? What wire(s)feeds power to the fuse box to control windows?

2) My blower fan isn't working either. Related perhaps? How is it supplied power? And any way I could "jump" it to see if it even works?

Thanks alot guys.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmmmm, wonder if ???? I've got the same exact issue on my 85 K1500. Now my window wires are cut since the PO obiously thought he was gonna fix it. But, no power to the power windows, and blower motor. But, I do have power to the door locks. I wonder if these 2 are issues are related. Seems you have the same problem. Mine is a bit trickier to figure out cuz the idiot kid PO went to butchering wires and cutting holes in the door to gain access. Had I owned the truck and the problem started, then I'd know, but I am taking over some idiots work and know no history to how it happened, when or nothing.

So did you lose power window power and blower power all at the same time???

Interior Category is fine for Heat, Air and Windows.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Very likely related since both are only used in the ignition circuit. I believe the PW uses a circuit breaker and the blower uses a high amp fuse but they are both on the same circuit in the fuse box if that makes sense.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Very likely related since both are only used in the ignition circuit. I believe the PW uses a circuit breaker and the blower uses a high amp fuse but they are both on the same circuit in the fuse box if that makes sense.

Cool, I figured if someone knew it woudl be you.

As soon as I can find some damn pigtails to go the switched now the the idiot PO cut mine off, then I can start troubleshooting. Not having the switches hooked up has kept me from troubleshooting the windows. I haven't even started on the blower yet but I better. Without windows being able to go down, I drove home last night in the rain with fogged up windows since I didn't have a defrost blower. It kinda sucked really hard core not being able to see. :shitsweak:

Have no fear AJI, it might take some time, but we'll :grd: and get it figured out. Do keep us updated if you figure something out in the meantime. :High 5:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
hmmmmm, wonder if ???? I've got the same exact issue on my 85 K1500. Now my window wires are cut since the PO obiously thought he was gonna fix it. But, no power to the power windows, and blower motor. But, I do have power to the door locks. I wonder if these 2 are issues are related. Seems you have the same problem. Mine is a bit trickier to figure out cuz the idiot kid PO went to butchering wires and cutting holes in the door to gain access. Had I owned the truck and the problem started, then I'd know, but I am taking over some idiots work and know no history to how it happened, when or nothing.

So did you lose power window power and blower power all at the same time???

Interior Category is fine for Heat, Air and Windows.
I'm trying to decipher out what's broken, from what's hooked up wrong, to what's not hooked up at all! The truck had been sitting for 8 years...on 4 flats, covered top to bottom in mud, with a blown engine! I know what you mean about idiot PO's!!

So, I'm not sure if I lost power to both of them at once or not...they've never worked for me! :Jedi:

If I understand you correctly, you mean that the wire supplying power (the one that feeds into the back of the fuse box) to the PW and blower is the same wire? What else is supplied by this wire? If nothing else works, I think we're on to something.

What wire am I looking for? I'm new to these trucks, but I'm pretty good mechanically...just don't know what to look for!

Cool, I figured if someone knew it woudl be you.

As soon as I can find some damn pigtails to go the switched the the idiot PO cut mine off, then I can start troubleshooting. Not having the switches hooked up has kept me from troubleshooting the windows. I haven't even started on the blower yet but I better. Without windows being able to go down, I drove home last night in the rain with fogged up windows since I didn't have a defrost blower. It kinda sucked really hard core not being able to see. :shitsweak:

Have no fear AJI, it might take some time, but we'll :grd: and get it figured out. Do keep us updated if you figure something out in the meantime. :High 5:

Even if I do get mine working...defrost is a whole 'nother issue. PO cut the hose that runs to the fresh air actuator in the cowl...so no defrost for me! :shitsweak:

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's what I started with....(this was the "good side" too!)
You must be registered for see images attach

In progress..

Added a lil power

As it is now

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Wow, that came out beautiful!!!!! :High 5:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Sweet truck.

Now, don't take this to gospel. OneLuckyPops may be able to verify this.

There's an orange wire coming off your ignition switch, it supplies the power to both the windows and HVAC. The orange wire is in the BLACK connector on your ignition switch.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Even if I do get mine working...defrost is a whole 'nother issue. PO cut the hose that runs to the fresh air actuator in the cowl...so no defrost for me! :shitsweak:

What a freakin butt munch !!!! I'm sure there is enough of us here and some will have some defrost stuff sitting around to get you a good deal on fixing that. In fact 89S has some defrost parts that come to find out are wrong, but they might be right for you. I'll sure keep you updated if I figure something out. I need to fairly quick. Cooler weather is on the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli